Why Turf Masters Lawn and Landscape?
The team at Turf Masters Lawn & Landscape has been serving local homeowners and business owners for over 15 years and we just moved into our new shop so we’re looking to expand our landscape division! Members of our team have developed practical and creative landscapes for countless homes and businesses in the area. No matter what type of landscaping project is put in front of us, we have the tools and skills to get the job done right.
Members of our team are fully trained and certified through Greenius, ASCA and NCMA courses. If you’re looking for a company that cares, gives back to their employees and provides quality landscaping services then Turf Masters Lawn & Landscape is the place for you!
The Landscape Foremen will supervise and coordinate landscapers to ensure the project is done right and that proper use of tools are being used, they are responsible for allocation of resources. Landscape Foremen assign tasks, train workers, monitor performance, and leads the team out in the field.
Who We’re Looking For
We are searching for team members who are responsible, reliable, hardworking, motivated, and growth oriented with a positive attitude to be our new Landscape Foreman and manage a number of landscaping teams. The Landscape Foreman's responsibilities include overseeing the construction of outdoor spaces and maintaining existing grounds, monitoring and training workers, supervising the use of equipment, ensuring staff observe safety guidelines and protocols, and completing various administrative duties. You should also have leadership skills and sound knowledge of the hardscape industry.
To be successful as a Landscape Foreman, you should be able to both follow and provide instructions. A top-notch Landscape Foreman should constantly be expanding their hardscape and horticulture knowledge, be a keen problem-solver and possess remarkable communication skills to pass along to his team.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Perform the work requested, in the timeframe requested to ensure completion of jobs within the project deadline.
- Delegating tasks to 2-3 crews and overseeing the use of tools and equipment.
- Recruiting and training new crew members.
- Assessing progress and making recommendations.
- Ensuring all crew members obey health and safety regulations at all times.
- Completing inventory checks and perform light maintenance on equipment needed to perform daily tasks i.e. equipment inspections.
- Preparing weekly progress reports and verification of crew hours worked.
- Accurately complete Service Autopilot paperwork.
- Scheduling training sessions wherever required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. CDL Class A is preferred
- Regular and prompt attendance required and the ability to work outside business hours as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with peers and teammates.
- Having the knowledge and being able to operate the tools and equipment used in the landscaping field.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Experience in a leadership role would be advantageous but not required
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines along with time management skills
- Able to use in-field technology for communication and reporting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent (degree in landscape construction recommended).
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs on a regular and consistent basis and move about the work site. Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold/snow and heat/rain etc.). Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting, up to 100% of a workday. Excellent stamina is required.
- Sign on bonus
- Health & dental insurance plan
- Employer matching retirement plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Holidays and paid vacation
- All year round work
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 per year DOQ or $18 - $23 Hourly DOQ
Come in and apply in person at our new facility @ 3500 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241, or online at www.masteryourlawn.com