- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for the efficient operation of all information systems including but not limited to hardware and software. The Systems Engineer must maintain project and refresh schedules, purchase quotes, and inventories for all hardware and software. This position must stay abreast of advances in technology and is the primary contact for all server related vendors for the organization, including but not limited to hardware and software suppliers. The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for installation, setup, and troubleshooting issues with all server hardware and software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalency in experience and/or training.
- Preferred minimum 4 years of experience in information systems and/or information technology.
- Preferred minimum 4 years of experience in server environments including enterprise software distribution for Microsoft Windows.
- Proficient knowledge of Hyper V.
- Proficient knowledge of storage and storage arrays.
- Working Knowledge in disaster recovery and warm sites.
- Proficient knowledge of backup application Veeam
- Working knowledge of DOS, MS Windows, PowerShell, Apple iOS, Android Operating Systems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft enterprise software including, MS SQL, MS RDS, Exchange
- Proficient knowledge of networking and enterprise-wide printing.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft server environments including patching and Active Directory.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Ability to be on-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week and must work on major projects and implementations on weekends or off-hours.
- Primary support on all servers and enterprise software.
- Backup and disaster recovery (Veeam)
- Review project plans, coordinate project activity, and implement IT initiatives.
- Review and execute organizational goals, policies, and procedures for the specific strategic recommendations related to the IT Department.
- Companywide Hardware and Software Management including hardware refresh strategies including but not limited to the following systems: Personal Computers, Voice over IP Telephones including Device Plan Management, HandHeld (Motorola / Honeywell) Devices/Units, Network equipment such as switches, routers, hubs, and firewalls (assistance), Printers and Copiers, CTV Security Cameras, Access Control Systems,Televisions and Digital Displays, Accessories and Peripherals for all of the above
- Companywide Software License Management and refresh strategies.
- Maintain the following systems, procedures, and protocols: Server maintenance, patches and upgrades, Hyper V clusters and all server / storage devices, Active directory maintenance and security administration, Data Backup Systems and Disaster Recovery, Microsoft Enterprise applications (Exchange, RDS, DPM), EDI and AS2 (General Understanding).
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Evaluate project proposals to assess feasibility and requirements.
- Instruct computer and equipment operators to obtain optimum operating efficiency, equipment utilization, and accuracy of results.
- Review equipment malfunctions and take corrective action to ensure compliance with required methods and procedures.
- Critical Requirements:
- Intricate knowledge in Microsoft Hyper V
- Intricate knowledge in MS Windows server
- Intricate knowledge of MS Active directory and permissions
- Experience with antivirus, HP server / storage hardware, Email filtering
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and demonstrate an ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork is a critical skill as this position is highly interactive with colleagues and other business contacts and all levels; interpersonal skills will be evaluated.
- Must demonstrate exceptional time management.
- Must demonstrate ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools.
- Provide updates on status and completion to Corporate IT Director and affected user(s) via voicemail and E-Mail.
Turano Baking CompanyWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and lots of opportunities to grow up.
Turano Baking Inc., has been dedicated to baking delicious and authentic European style breads for over half a century. Honoring the tradition and passion for bread making passed down through generations, the Turano family continues to innovate the baking industry with new varieties and techniques, providing the highest quality of specialty breads and rolls.
6520 W Roosevelt RdOak Park, IL