Turano Baking Company is seeking a driven and experienced Plant Engineer to join our team. As Plant Engineer, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance, efficiency and upkeep of the entire facility and all of the equipment within.
- Establish safety as a priority within the Maintenance Department and throughout the entire plant.
- Review and modify the Preventative Maintenance Schedule as necessary.
- Maintain the labor schedule for the Engineering Department.
- Assure that there are adequate parts in stock/on order to efficiently maintain the equipment and facility.
- Maintenance of the plant CMMS program.
- Comply with all local, federal and state electrical, mechanical, plumbing, safety and environmental regulations.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports and process documents as may be required.
- Make recommendations and champion projects for the advancement of machine and process efficiencies, costs savings, environmental compliance and overall bakery best practices.
- Analyze and make recommendations for the purchase, installation and subsequent operation of equipment that will advance the projects listed above.
- Be an advisor to the Plant Manager and other department heads on engineering and efficiency related issues.
- To inspect and identify issues with all equipment and facilities herein. Failures of plant equipment shall be documented, reviewed and their repair incorporated into the maintenance controls schedule.
- To identify and inform plant management of issues to be followed up on, especially and repairs that pose a potential threat to product safety or breakage/damage that could cause a food safety risk
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of prior experience as a bakery Plant Engineer or Engineering Supervisor.
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experienced with CAMS (Computer Assisted Maintenance System).
- Familiarity with frequency drives, control panels, relays, solenoids, sensors, limit switches circuit breakers up to 480 volt.
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills with the ability to read schematics, ladder logic and utilize technical manuals and monitor equipment on-line.
- Must have experience working with tunnel and conveyorized ovens, mixers proofers and packaging equipment as well as all support equipment within a baking environment.
Turano Baking CompanyTurano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano is rapidly expanding through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano the most dynamic bakery in the national marketplace. Our dedication to Quality, Service, Value, and Variety (QSV2) continues as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.