Our client is looking to add a Marine Electronics Field Engineer with at least 5 years of experience with bridge electronics to their team in Houston, TX. Our client provides electronic services and solutions to more than 3,000 ships; merchant shipping, cruise and ferry companies, super-yachts and fishing vessels.
Successful candidates will have:
- 5+ years' of experience with installation, service and maintenance of marine electronics in a field setting
- GPS: Radar, Speedlog, Echosounder, Magnetic Compass, Gyrocompass, VDR
- Satellites: VSAT satellite, MSS
- Radio: VHF, MF/HF and UHF maritime radios
- Safety: EPIRB's, SART's, portable VHF/UHF Radiotelephones, counter piracy equipment.
- Electronics or Telecommunications background from a Technical School
- Ability and willingness to travel within the region; sometimes on short notice
- Valid driver’s license
- TWIC card is a huge plus
- Undertake installations, service and maintenance onboard customer’s vessels in ports and at sea.
- Perform assembly, testing and commissioning
- Provide technical support to sales and internally and customer support externally
- The duties will include installation, service and support for all products delivered.
The Field Engineer will be required to travel extensively within and outside the region. You will work on technical documentation, planning and conduct other relevant office work in the office when not attending field work,
Electronics or Telecommunications from University or Technical School. (Other relevant education or experience will be considered.)
- Must be fluent in English. Other languages are beneficial
- General technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Must know how to do a Gyro overhaul
- Ability to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast and dynamic environment
- Experience of serving multinational customers in the marine industry
- Strong commitment to quality and adherence to procedures and schedules
- Ability to work independently in an international environment and manage large workload
- Adaptability to frequent and rapid changes
- Problem solving skills
- Dedicated and positive attitude
- Ability to correctly prioritize tasks when under pressure
- Customer friendly and service minded
- Due to significant travel requirements, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. The work is physically challenging, and applicants must be in good physical shape.