Job Title: Project Controller
Job Type: 1-year extendable contract
Location: Charleston, WV
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labour rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
- Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly).
- Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
- Makes decisions and recommendations relating to general policy and project governance issues using established guidelines, procedures or policies, within authorized limits.
- Operates at a higher level of independence, engaging senior colleagues when required.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics in support of effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
- Prepares forecasts, trending reports and governs commitment to budget and forecast.
- Reports on deviations throughout the life-cycle of the project.
- Liaises with Project Managers, internal and client personnel regarding project control activities.
- Considered a fully qualified Project Controller, May be tasked to provide guidance to junior staff within appropriate limits.
- Recommends alternatives and solutions to routine and somewhat complex problems.