As a Communications, Marketing and Development Coordinator, reporting to the Executive Director you will be part of an established, dynamic and thoughtful non-profit where you can contribute to reaching and improving the lives of girls. In this full-time position you will be an integral part of our productive team by planning for and creating original promotional and informational content using various media to promote, inform and maintain a favorable public image for Tulsa Girls Art School. You will also engage in fund development activities to identify new donors, track and report on grants and fund development efforts, and oversee grant writer, while ensuring database accuracy.
About us: Students learn entrepreneurship, fiscal responsibility, art show curation, and public speaking skills during their time at Tulsa Girls Art School. Our professional art teachers instruct the girls on what it’s like to be an artist in the real world, including the business of art shows, creating a body of work and speaking to art patrons.
MISSION: THROUGH ART, TULSA GIRLS OVERCOME BARRIERS AND DISCOVER LIFE-CHANGING PURPOSE, POWER AND POSSIBILITY.
Essential Functions - Communications/Marketing
- Create marketing strategies and design promotional publications;
- Identify and develop a communication plan for main donor groups and audiences;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the organization’s branding and identity, and ensure that brand standards are consistently applied;
- Collect, monitor, evaluate and/or synthesize information, data and qualitative information about TGAS programs as needed;
- Serve as technical writer for TGAS programs;
- Create solicitation materials, correspondence and other printed matter;
- Secure publicity through various media outlets including researching and writing content for fact sheets, media releases, speeches, special events and/or campaigns, setting up interviews;
- Develop, write and post original content to all TGAS social media channels and web page and update regularly.
Essential Functions - Development
- Work with Executive Director (ED) to develop a fundraising plan;
- Support the ED by scheduling meetings and preparing reports for various funders, suggesting outreach events;
- Identify new funding opportunities from corporate, foundation, government sources and individual donors;
- Work with grant writer, review grant requests and maintain grant schedule;
- Oversee database and ensure accuracy of data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan and write original content for various applications including press releases, social media posts, newspaper articles and other public relations material, as well as brochures and annual reports;
- Technical skills related to social media and database reporting;
- Fund development experience and skills in photography and graphic design a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
Schedule and Reporting
This full-time position will report to the Executive Director with a schedule of Monday – Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends. We offer some flexibility.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.