- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a stable job with a growing company? Come join our growing team!
Air-conditioned production environment with a single production shift and great work/life balance.
RATE: Starting at $47,000/year, commensurate with experience
The primary role of the Food Technologist is to innovate and develop new product concepts, prototypes, and processes in response to customer or internal objectives with a focus on the development of mayonnaise, sauces and condiments.
· Focuses on the development of new products to deliver the required margin for customers and the business.
· Creates formulas/recipes for commercialization and costing; adapting formulas to production.
· Creates samples for external customers in a timely manner and maintaining concise documentation of formulas and work papers.
· Provides formulas and batching information for costing and material sourcing.
· Presents new product and process facts and ideas clearly, accurately, and persuasively to customers internally and externally and cross-functionally. Plans, organizes, and controls resources to deliver products and processes to an agreed quality and timescale.
· Tests products shelf life and sensory evaluation.
· Tests products and develops specific processing methods, leads product scale-up and start-ups as necessary.
· Works with operations on initial production runs and as needed to maintain product quality levels and conducts core ingredient research, development of new products, cost and quality improvements to current products, shelf-life improvement and new product research.
· Confers with vendors, process engineers, chefs, flavor experts, packaging, and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provides ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs, and customer requirements.
· Maintains an awareness of market food trends and comparative products from all major retailers/competitors and recommends product development ideas in line with those trends and coordinates interdepartmental activities; seeks mutual agreement on issues involving coordination.
· Provides technical support to all production facilities and co-packers to achieve quality and productivity goal.
· Travels as needed to support company interests in processing facilities, customers, and tradeshows.
· Supports QA&QC groups.
· Works cross functionally with QC, marketing, sales, operations, maintenance, business development, ROSS system control, etc.
· BS degree in food science, food technology or equivalent majors.
· Requires knowledge of food science and formulation as well as manufacturing process.
· 3 – 5 years experience in the food industry, specializing in condiments, sauces, or dressings.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office and nutrition labeling software.
· FDA regulations, 21 CFR, food labeling, acidified food, and thermal processing
· Critical thinking and fast adaption skills
· Passion for food!
Tulkoff Food Products is a family owned company offering a generous benefit package that includes 401k with an 8% employer match, employer paid life insurance, great work/life balance, monthly staff lunch and free condiments!
Tulkoff Food Products
Get fresh Part Time Food Technologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.