Systems Engineer Expert - TS/SCI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $170,000 to $190,000 Yearly
Systems Engineer - Data and Edge Node
TULK is a small boutique consulting firm specializing in technology and management consulting to the US Federal Government. We help Defense and National Security clients solve their toughest problems by guiding them to acquire, design, manage and develop new and improved technology systems and business practices to advance their missions. Our people enjoy a variety of tailored benefit options to meet their individual needs to include 100% employer paid health care, generous cash bonuses, flexible work schedules, access to technology, tuition reimbursement, 401k (coming in 2023) and much more.
We seek applicants who demonstrate a broad range of competency as we don’t just place “butts in seats” – we look at your overall skillset and your career interests and then line you up with an initial assignment that best fits you, while continuously evaluating opportunities to further your career.
If the position below is of interest to you, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Overall Assignment Description of the Expert Level Systems Engineer
Expert Systems Engineers assist in leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
Duties of the Expert Level Systems Engineer
- Assists the Government in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
- Assists with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advises the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assist in leading Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provides expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Operates at the level of integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Engineers.
Required Skills and Experience of the Expert Level Systems Engineer
- US Citizenship
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert level experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Expert working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
Desired Skills and Experience of the Expert Level Systems Engineer
- Doctorate in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Software Development Framework certification.
- INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Licensure as a professional engineer.
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations: ACSM; ASCE; ASPRS; OGC; SAREM; USGIF
- Extensive work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Experience engineering solutions using Cloud Based Technology such as: Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), On-demand self-service, Broad network access, Resource pooling, Rapid elasticity, Measured Service, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data.
- Experience engineering solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?