Help Desk Technician
POSITION TITLE: Help Desk Technician
POSTING START DATE: 05-31-2023 - until filled
DEPARTMENT: Managed Services Program Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full - time; Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
Anyone interested in the above vacancy should submit a complete application packet to the Human Resources Department accompanied by a letter stating your credentials, and why you consider yourself a good candidate for this position. Only complete application packets will be accepted. On-line application instructions can be found at http://www.tbtc.net/employmentopportunities.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical assistance via the telephone and in person. Support computer systems, hardware, and software in both a local and remote environment to business customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Serve as first point of contact for customer, both internal and external, seeking technical assistance over the telephone, email or via a Help Desk Ticketing system.
• Perform remote troubleshooting and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the customer.
• Provide accurate information on business related products or services.
• Document customer related issues in proper ticket database.
• Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue(s) have been resolved.
• Perform daily status checks and isolate computer related issues.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Manage the internal help desk application and resolve help desk requests in a timely manner.
Effectively communicate the status of each help desk request to the appropriate end user.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years (+) experience working in a systems or network related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Employee must understand pc and networking troubleshooting.
• Possess excellent communications skills and have ability to de-escalate customer-oriented situations.
• Ability to think critically and have problem-solving capability to diagnose basic technical issues.
• Possession of a valid New Mexico driver’s license is required.
• Completion of Network+ and A+ certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak effectively, persuasively and clearly with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
• Skill in identifying and resolving customer and co-worker technical problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Sitting for long periods of time is expected of this position. The employee must be able to lift; and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position as needed.
COMMENTS: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job posting restricts managements’ right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job posting
is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.
Regional Area of Work, Great Benefits, Exciting and Growing Field of Work, Relocation Benefits Available, Good Pay, Fun Atmosphere, Training
Tularosa Communications (TBTC) is a ever growing company that has been serving the Tularosa Basin residents and businesses since 1996. Fiber to the Home/Prem is our leading edge service along with telephone, wireless, broadband and managed services products. The Company is focused on providing excellent services to our customers while providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Turnover is very low at TBTC which speaks volumes in the kind of company we are and how we treat our number one assets - our employees. Check TBTC out - you'll see why we are a third year Platinum NM Family Friendly Business. Your next career could be at TBTC where keeping you connected is our business!
Tularosa Basin Telephone Company
503 St Francis DriveTularosa, NM
Get fresh Help Desk Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.