Healthcare Simulation Operations Manager
Tulane University New Orleans, LA
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager oversees simulation daily operations, manages the Senior Simulation Specialist, and coordinates the operations team supporting all sessions, including, medical students, residents, fellows, professional courses, AHA certification courses, ATLS certification courses, EMT-B courses, and all other events at the Sim Center.
This is a working Manager position, working daily alongside the Senior Simulation Specialist. Once a simulation curriculum is created (or for existing curricula) the operations team takes the handoff to ensure that all sessions are planned and executed effectively to meet the learning objectives. Depending on the type of session, this may include creating custom high fidelity manikin scenarios, ensuring supply availability, planning room and equipment set-up, patient moulage, scheduling learners appropriately, running manikins or other equipment during sessions, equipment break-down and cleaning, and ensuring program evaluation data is captured for every session.
When not planning or running sessions, the Operations Manager oversees facets of the Center related to simulation operations, including maintaining appropriate equipment and supply levels and optimal functionality, overseeing routine maintenance and repairs, innovating basic silicone model building, working with Biomedical Engineering students on projects, maintaining Center technology and computerized equipment, staying up-to-date on the newest simulation equipment and options, and working with the Simulation Director to keep policies and procedures current and effective. They may also represent the simulation operations role at the regional and national level, attend conferences as necessary, propose presentation and publication abstracts highlighting Tulane simulation, and work with faculty on sessions for potential publication and on research projects involving simulation modalities.
Competencies to be successful:
- Experience with and comfortable managing technical personnel
- Comfortable communicating with team members, medical students, residents, and physician faculty
- Able to work as a team and receive a handoff of a project to finish and execute
- Project management experience and knowledge
- Able to work with computers and computer-based equipment
- Able to work with medical equipment
- Experience with research protocols
- Able to understand technical information
- Ability to learn new processes and basic medical information quickly
- Able to work independently and guide others doing so
- Able to establish and manage competing priorities for a team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage Senior Simulation Specialist and oversee all facets of operations for the Center
- Lead daily operational projects and tasks.
- Oversee large projects with operational goals of efficiency and ensuring learning objectives for all learner levels.
- Ensure the smooth execution of all simulation sessions and continually improve through program evaluation feedback loops.
- Support planning for curriculums at all learning levels, both internal and external groups.
- Oversee inventory management, procurement, and maintenance and repair for all simulators, task trainers, medical equipment, and supplies.
- Oversee and support maintaining all simulators, equipment, and technology equipment at the Center through routine maintenance, occasional repair, and vendor support.
- Ensure the Center activity database is kept up-to-date on a daily basis and support the Sim Center Director with periodic reporting and monitoring of capacity levels.
- Support education creation by staying knowledgeable and up-to-date on simulators, technology options, and vendor competitive options.
- Partner with staff team members and faculty to create and execute effective simulation education, publications, and research.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5-years of work experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, candidate may have high school diploma/equivalent, and 6 years directly related work experience.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in simulation or related experience in nursing, EMS, surgical technician, anesthesia technician, respiratory tech, ED technician, lab technician, biomedical engineering, or information technology.
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare CHSOS certification or required within one year of being hired.
- Master’s degree
- Work experience in healthcare simulation or healthcare education.
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare’s CHSE certification, a plus, but not required.
- Supervisor experience of 3 years or more.
Tulane UniversityWhy Work Here?
Work for one of the oldest medical schools in a top food and cultural city!
131 S. Robertson StNew Orleans, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Tulane University