- Expired: February 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
** $2000 sign on bonus **
Do you have a passion for taking care of pets and the people who love them? If so, we’d like to MEET YOU! Our client, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University is currently seeking Veterinary Technicians to join their amazing team. They are a fun, hard-working hospital that loves to teach, train, and treat! Outstanding benefits include medical/dental/vision, retirement options, paid vacation and holidays, flexible work schedules, generous continuing education allowance, in-house continuing education, tuition reimbursement and pet care benefits for both full-time and part-time positions. This position is based in Grafton, MA 01536.
CUMMINGS SCHOOL OF VETERINARY MEDICINE AT TUFTS UNIVERSITY:
The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats, and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns, and residents.
If you make every effort for excellence in everything you do and thrive in an inclusive and innovative environment, you belong at Cummings School. Cummings School strives for an environment of collaboration, growth and learning and is looking to add like-minded technicians to this team. We are looking to help you build your skillset, knowledge base and grow your career. This position would allow you to work with Veterinary Technician Specialist level technicians and pursue this career course, if desired.
Join our team! If you are seeking a position which recognizes growth, learning, and values your contributions – you have found it. To say working as a Veterinary Technician in the Wards is extremely rewarding is an understatement. We treat a wide variation of animals from pocket pets and exotics to 200 lb “lap dogs.” Every day there is something new and with that comes the opportunity to learn and grow in the veterinary field. We care for patients who are here for most anything including routine surgeries to haemodialysis and everything in between. If you enjoy variety and learning, come join our team in the inpatient wards!
As a member of the Cummings School Inpatient Team, you will have the ability to:
- Provide high level individualized patient care to a variety of patients including small animal, exotic and isolation patients.
- Manage a busy and diverse caseload.
- Accurately assess changes in patient parameters and work with students/clinicians of all specialty and emergency services.
- Monitor, manage and implement treatment plans as ordered by clinicians to insure prompt delivery of high-quality care to inpatient, acute care, exotic and isolation cases.
- Complete diagnostic testing as ordered by clinicians including bench-top lab tests.
- Provide high level technical assistance for clinical, academic and research.
- Maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Instruct veterinary students and student technicians in all technical aspects of patient care.
- Assist in training, orienting, and mentoring new Veterinary Technicians and Animal Care Attendants.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings. Requires flexibility to ensure that adequate patient care is provided without interruption or exception; may include evenings and weekends.
- Associate degree in Veterinary Technology or a high school diploma (or equivalent) with at least one year of related experience
- Good team player and ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, with a positive personality
- Passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, veterinary pharmacology, and patient parameters
- Possess a well-rounded technical skill set
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
AddressNorth Grafton, MA
AnimalView all jobs at Tufts University