Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
Tuesday Morning Dallas, TX
- Expired: May 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant actively contributes to the month-end close process in a multi-location / multi-legal entity structure and applies principles of accounting to prepare and analyze internal and external financial reports and evaluate technical accounting matters by performing the following duties:
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct month end close activities to include the preparation and review of: account reconciliations, journal entries, accrual schedules, variance analysis & commentary, and internal financial statements and monthly reporting package. Ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX internal control requirements.
- Prepare and effectively communicate financial statement fluctuations, both balance sheet and income statement as it relates to prior year, budget and forecast, identifying root causes for variances and resolution of issues.
- Prepare and review various month end close reports, financial statements and analysis in order to validate the accuracy of the financial information, including but not limited to documenting results for submission to management and external auditors.
- Responsible for assigned financial reporting systems and procedures, working to improve processes through existing software, software enhancements, and / or new software implementation. Identify and implement ways to promote efficiency within the company's financial reporting process.
- Assist in the preparation of external financial statements and SEC filings, to include XBRL tagging review, as well as review and tie-out of press releases and conference call scripts.
- Prepare Internal and External Audit schedules as assigned and conduct audit research and answer questions.
- Assist in researching accounting issues. Write, revise, document, monitor and enforce accounting policies, procedures, and accounting positions.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis, as assigned.
- Other special projects, as assigned.
- 4-year Accounting degree required
- 3-5 years minimum industry accounting experience preferred; multi-location (retail/restaurant) experience a plus
- Active CPA license required
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word)
- Report-writing software knowledge required
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply technical accounting guidance; public accounting experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines at times, and willing to work beyond normal scheduled work hours as necessary
- Ability to think independently and provide useful and constructive feedback
- Reliable, driven, self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of integrity and accuracy
- Leader; informal staff mentor to peer group and others
- Establishes, fosters, and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customers
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE, CERTIFICATION and/or SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- Certified Public Accountant
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits to include 401(k), best-in-class products, and more! Both innovative and high-performing, our stores provide you with unlimited possibilities to start your career. Be a part of the Tuesday Morning growth!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Tuesday Morning