WELLNESS TRANSPORTATION & RECORDS SPECIALIST
Tucson Indian Center Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wellness Transportation & Records Specialist
Salary: Grade 22 – Non-exempt
Status: Probationary/Permanent, Full-Time Hrs/WK: Forty (40)
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
Nature of Work: Incumbent is responsible for safely transporting clients to health services, including medical, dental, and mental health appointments. Delivers medication to homebound patients and provides educational activities. Will perform routine wellness record/chart maintenance and abstract specific information from medical records/charts for reports, quality improvement, etc. Responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data.
1. Transportation: Provides safe, timely, and courteous transportation services to multiple clients daily, including daily round-trips to the Indian Health Services San Xavier Clinic from Tucson Indian Center.
2. Safety: Ensures safety of transportation of all passengers, including always requiring appropriate safety restraints such as seat belts, car seats or booster seats; no driver cell phone usage while driving; coordination of regular maintenance of company vehicles; properly loading and unloading clients; ensuring clients enter appropriate building, etc.
3. Homebound clients: Provides transportation services to homebound clients, including home transportation pick-up services and home delivery of medications and food boxes.
4. Deliveries: Picks up and delivers food boxes, diapers, medications, and other related items, loading and unloading items up to 25-30 lbs.
5. Phone: Provides prompt and courteous follow-up to daily multiple phone calls and voicemails from clients regarding transportation services.
6. Coordination: Coordinates client transportation and medication needs and orders with the Wellness Case Managers and Wellness Records Coordinator.
7. Maintenance: Ensures vehicles are well maintained and cleaned, including conducting monthly safety and maintenance check of all company vehicles.
8. Reports: Submits monthly report to Wellness Director regarding safety and maintenance checks and services provided.
9. Data entry: Enters into electronic records all encounters and billing entries for all users of transportation-related services.
10. Logs: Accurately maintains all mileage / destination logs and submits them monthly to the Finance Director.
11. Perform routine wellness record/chart maintenance, including locate, log, retrieve, and file all wellness and client records in accordance with established protocol, such as color coded terminal digit filing system.
12. Examine patient medical records for completeness ensuring all required information is included; note any deficiencies and refer to appropriate area for follow-up.
13. Abstract specific information from medical records for reports, quality improvement, program compliance, etc. in an accurate and expeditious manner.
14. Perform data entry using the RPMS, word processing, speadsheet or database commands and formats material as required.
15. Maintain patient history number master file alphabetically on computer and manually utilize patient files; assign new patient history numbers; research and verify existing patient history numbers making corrections, eliminating duplicates and merging patient medical records accordingly.
16. Review discrepancies in data received, request clarification or advise supervisor of isuess related to data and perform data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
17. Interact with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and publications flow and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry collection and retrieval.
18. Verify enrollment and assist clients as they complete demographic portion of intake paperwork.
19. Enter and monitor all clients’ registration into the patient registration system.
20. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Organizational skills sufficient to accurately and expeditiously maintain a paper and/or electronic charting system of over 1,700 charts.
• Knowledge of and application of medical terminology, medical records, concepts, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and ability to work with and maintain an electronic health record system, such as the Resource and Patient Management System.
• Ability to work with confidential, and sensitive documents, information in a professional manner.
• Ability to maintain high standards of client confidentiality.
• Demonstrated skills in word processing, data entry, and spreadsheet procedures.
• Ability to relate well with the public by exhibiting patience, courtesy, tact, sensitivity, and resourcefulness; especially in dealing with patients in difficult situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format.
• Ability to accomplish work assignments independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain personal objectivity.
Required Experience and Training:
• Basic knowledge with data entry, knowledge of word processing, basic, spreadsheet and database maintenance and a working knowledge database entry of project management setups would be preferred.
• Education high school (college, vocational, trade, or military), Or a combination of one (2) years Customer Service/Records Management/Data Entry experience
• Type 55 words per minute
• Must possess valid Arizona Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement
• Must pass Driver Insurance Carrier’s requirements
• Must provide clean DMV driving record for last 5 years
• Must pass Arizona DPS Finger Print Clearance (Class I & II)
• Must pass and submit to periodic/random drug testing
Ability to sit for long periods of time in an office environment with low to moderate noise.
Ability to sit in front of a computer for 6-8 hours a day.
Ability to travel to various locations, including out of state.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The Tucson Indian Center is committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Tucson Indian Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tucson Indian Center
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Tucson Indian Center