General Clerk I (Full-time)
Position Description Summary:
This position requires that the full-time employee be available Monday through Friday, during normal business hours, to report, with very little notice. The position requires filling in for other General Clerk’s during scheduled and unscheduled leave. The objective is to provide clerical support services for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Beckley Finance Center (BFC), in Beckley, West Virginia, performing a full range of administrative function required by the IRS accounting offices. Under the direction of the site Supervisor, the General Clerk I follows specific procedures in completing clerical procedures and processes as prescribed or in a slightly varied sequence. Duties include filing documents, opening mail, operating basic office equipment and computer programs. Uses sound judgment in choosing the proper procedure for each task.
Essential Job Function
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to convey information effectively.
- Answers telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Compiles, copy, sort, and file records of office activities and transactions.
- Operates office machines and extensive computer usage.
- Computes, record, and proofread data and other information.
- Maintains and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Reviews files, records, and other documents to respond to requests.
- Documents and record specific information correctly.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work.
- Determining tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Other clerical type duties as assigned.
- Perform prescribed or slightly varied sequences of clerical functions such as;
- Filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file
- May involve posting to individual accounts
- Opening of mail
High School Diploma or equivalent.
****No Outside Recruiting Agencies Please****
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.35 /hour