USMS Employee Relations
Tuba Group is an accounting and management consulting firm where we believe in order to provide our clients with value-added solutions and maintain our standards of excellence we must hire talented individuals. If you believe you are one of those individuals; we are seeking an Employee Relation to support our client United States Marshals Service.
Requires Public Trust Clearance
Provides agency-wide services on Employee Labor Relations. This includes providing a full range of advisory services, assistance, policy guidance concerning all aspects of the employee and labor relations programs that include labor relations, disciplinary and adverse actions, performance-based actions, grievances (negotiated and administrative), appeals, supporting managers and supervisors on identifying and resolving complex personnel issues.
A key operation in the Employee Labor Relations is the Discipline Program. This project will work in conjunction with and support the Employee and Labor Relations Branch. Work in an expert advisory capacity and conduct a wide range of duties such as, but not limited to, reviewing investigative files, working with proposing and deciding officials to identify appropriate levels of discipline and documenting accordingly, drafting and amending disciplinary letters to accurately capture facts of case, scheduling oral and/or written replies, tracking case data, and working collaboratively with partners of the Employee Relations Branch. Must have expert knowledge of federal human resources administration, principles, and practices of the various aspects of Employee Relations including informal and formal disciplinary/adverse actions, Performance Management, and Leave Administration.
Under the direction of the HRD/Employee and Labor Relations Supervisor(s), provides specialized professional consultation on employee relations, performance improvement, and employee disciplinary issues to USMS management officials, employees and partners of the Employee and Labor Relations Branch.
- Works closely with proposing and deciding officials to develop and or edit discipline/adverse actions, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing/analyzing specific cases,
- identifying appropriate charges/offenses,
- evaluating/guiding review of the Douglas Factors and applying appropriate table of offenses/penalties,
- crafting proposal and decision letters,
- coordinating employee responses, guiding managers through the disciplinary process, and other steps as necessary to fully support the life cycle of the discipline case.
- Provides guidance and advice to USMS management on opportunities for remediation or prevention of workplace issues that impact morale, productivity and organizational performance.
- Evaluates discipline cases and identifies trends and training opportunities.
- Provides individual and/or group advice, guidance, and professional support to Human Resources partners, client representatives, and others with respect to interpretation an application of policies, practices, and procedures associated with employee relations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Preferred candidates will have Federal Government or DOD work experiences. Have direct work experiences drafting and writing up recommendations for employee disciplinary actions. Other key attributes are proven organization skills and tools used to monitor and keep track of workloads.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
· Ability to write/amend documents that accurately captures issues.
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
· Expert knowledge of and adherence to federal laws, and regulations regarding employee and labor relations, human resources, administrative investigations
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and display objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information.
· Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare written reports Expert knowledge in the field of Employee Relations, with emphasis on discipline/adverse actions and performance management
Performance require travel for official business to specific USMS district or division offices.
Bachelors degree in human resources or business administrations. Minimum of 5 years experience in employee relations
Tuba Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Tuba GroupTuba Group, Inc. was founded in February, 2002 and is an 8(a) small disadvantaged business as designated by the Small Business Administration. Our firm was established as a small business with a primary focus in accounting and auditing service offerings as a certified public accounting firm. Through the years we have expanded our business and services to include accounting, financial, systems, technical, engineering, administrative, management, and subject matter expertise services. We currently have employees in Columbus, OH, National Capital Region, Indianapolis, IN, Beckley, WV, Dayton, OH, Oklahoma City, OK, Huntsville, AL and Colorado Springs, CO.