- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tuba Group is a small federal contracting business and a CMMI® Level 3 Rated, ISO9001:2015 certified organization. with a primary focus in accounting, financial, systems, technical, engineering, administrative, management, and subject matter expertise services accounting and auditing service. Our mission is to provide value-added solutions that contribute to the success of government agencies, small businesses and independent professionals by leveraging the skill and talent our most valuable resources - our people.
Security Clearances Required: Public Trust clearance required or the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Applies judgment, knowledge, and expertise in the performance of assigned projects. Participates with other team member and the client on a regular and continuous basis supporting the completion of specific areas within projects within estimated time frames and budget requirements.
- Performs various consulting, accounting and analysis under the director, senior manager, or senior consultant.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- If necessary, participates in planning client engagements.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Knows and understands the reason behind the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Displays professional conduct, showing confidence and ease in the presence of staff and client representatives.
If assigned primarily to consulting engagements related to financial management or grants
- The Consultant will evaluate and provide the client in closing outstanding recommendations.
- Under the direction of the Tuba Group Program Manager/Senior Consultant, the Consultant will conduct desk reviews and visit sites to review grants and cooperative agreements within a given fiscal year.
- Follow-up on the outstanding recommendations to assist the client in minimizing any backlog of site visits and desk reviews s.
- Apply judgment, knowledge, and expertise in the performance of assigned projects.
- Collaborate with management and staff to understand their needs.
- Analyze data to identify problem areas and develop plans to implement solutions.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Display professional conduct, showing confidence and ease in the presence of staff and client representatives.
- Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete assigned sections of engagement with a minimum of disruption to client.
- Two years of demonstrated work experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, or financial management.
- One year of experience working in a grant administration environment.
- Skilled in the use of accounting software applications, databases, and expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent degree
- Certification in public accounting desired but not required
- If licensed as a CPA, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Tuba Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Tuba Group does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable.
Tuba Group, Inc.
AddressFalls Church, VA
Get fresh Small Business Consulting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.