Summary of Duties
Functions as the Nurse Manager for one or more department(s) within Tuality Healthcare's nursing units. Assumes 24/7 responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities, unit operation, and staff function as well as directs and supervises all technical and management aspects. Functions in direct bedside patient care at least 30% of the time.
Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the organizational philosophy and objectives. Fosters highly skilled professional practice and develops high functioning interdisciplinary teams. Reviews and approves nursing policies and procedures, nursing standards of patient care, plans for provision of treatment and service. Assures ongoing quality improvement programs are incorporated in clinical/nursing care, treatment and services delivered to patients. Serves as a catalyst for change within the organization and department to advance patient care and staff engagement.
- External candidates: BSN. Master's degree in nursing required within two (2) years and can be used in lieu of BSN.
- Internal candidates: BSN. Master's degree in nursing required within three (3) years and can be used in lieu of BSN.
- ALL: A copy of your highest science-related academic diploma or transcript required upon hire.
- ALL: Current license as registered nurse in state of Oregon
- ALL: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required upon hire.
- For Emergency Department Nurse Manager: Driver's license required unless other provisions available to travel to Forest Grove location.
- Women's Services/Birth Center: Neonatal Resuscitation preferred upon hire and required within 90 days of hire.
- Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Cath Lab, and GI: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire.
- ED: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire. PALS or ENPC preferred upon hire and required within 90 days of hire.
- Center for Geriatric Psychiatry: Training required upon hire for the Management of Aggressive Behavior.
- Day Surgery/PACU/TOPS Pre/Post: ACLS and PALS within 90 days of hire.
- TOPS Operating Room/Main Operating Room: ACLS and PALS within 90 days of hire.
- ALL: Nursing Leadership certification.
- ED: TNCC
- TOPS Operating Room/Main Operating Room: CNOR
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience
- Experience with hiring, staff development, and team building
- Experience with quality improvement; developing initiatives, monitoring, and demonstrated improvements in improving clinical care quality.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management positions within disciplines or areas managed highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of governmental, outside agency, and accrediting bodies' rules, regulations, and requirements for areas managed. For example, State and Federal regulations governing administration of long term care, Oregon State Board of Nursing, requirements if managing nurses, etc.
- Skill in policy formulation, including writing skills and group presentation skills.
- Demonstrates effective written, communication and interpersonal and applies them to change management, team building, and facilitation of team effectiveness.
- Possesses knowledge of current concepts of nursing and medical practices, and skills necessary in providing appropriate care for patients unique needs based upon age, culture, ethnicity and belief systems.
- Exhibits effective conflict resolution skills and strong collaborative skills in daily interactions and decision-making.
- Demonstrates ability to use a personal computer efficiently.
- Must be able to function effectively and professionally in high stress and critical situations.
- Must have knowledge of leadership, organizational skills and the care process to provide appropriate care for patients' unique needs based upon age, culture, ethnicity and belief systems.
- Financial skills including budget development and management of budgets - operating and capital and monitoring of budget performance. Experience with charge master and pricing helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, workers' compensation management, The Joint Commission, Oregon State Board of Nursing, and State and Federal regulations.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon's only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country's top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality's many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area's premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality's 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Req #: 2019-5315
Job Type: Full Time (80 hours per pay period)
Job Locations: US-OR-Hillsboro
# of Openings: 1
Budgeted Hours Per Pay Period: 80