Provides quality care to patients in their homes under the direction of a registered nurse. Assists with patient care activities within the scope of license that reflect the home health care agency philosophy and standards.
- Education: A copy of your highest academic diploma or transcript required upon hire.
- License: Current license as a licensed practical nurse by the Oregon State Board of nursing is required.
- Current Oregon or Washington driver’s license, be at least 21 years old with minimum of two years’ experience in the type of vehicle being driven. No more than one accident and two moving violations or two accidents and one moving violation or no accidents and three moving violations on or off the job within the past 36 months and no conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), license suspension, auto felony conviction or other serious violations within the past 36 months.
- Certification: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire. If not American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certified upon hire, must have current BLS certification through another provider. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Clearance of a criminal background check and sex offender check is required upon hire and every 3 years of employment as required by OAR 333-027-0064.
- One-year experience in hospital medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- One-year experience in home health care or public health nursing preferred.
- Experience with geriatric patients preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates skills in caring for adult and geriatric patients.
- Uses effective communication skill, written and verbal
- Demonstrate knowledge in areas of responsibility.
- Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served on the job.
- Must be able to develop skills in use of computerized information/Netsmart system used in home care setting.
- Excellent documentation skills required.
- Professional personal appearance makes a good first impression.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.