- Posted: over a month ago
Trystar is a leader in power distribution, power conditioning, load bank equipment, integrated systems and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and industry-leading service. Trystar’s team members are our most important asset. We are in search of a highly energetic, innovative Sr. Buyer to be part of our Supply Chain Sourcing team and a valued team member of our manufacturing value stream team. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high growth environment utilizing Trystar’s Guiding Values & Principles to change status quo, enabling us to rapidly scale our business with high accuracy in order to meet the high growth demand/output of the business with the most innovative solutions that our customers expect from Trystar.
In this role, we are seeking an individual who enjoys working in a high growth changing environment who has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to develop strong supplier relations. The Sr. Buyer is one who can collaborate cross functionally, has a process mindset, and the ability to innovate to serve customers. Trystar’s Sr. Buyers are vital in executing and meeting the strategic sourcing and purchased product requirements of our manufacturing team across the organization ensuring material availability while managing spend in raw materials with suppliers.We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
- Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
- Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
- Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
- Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
- Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.
In This Role You Will Get To:
- Develop and administer reporting procedures enabling supplier collaboration that brings spend efficiency, improved on-time-delivery, and material productivity.
- Lead/participate in projects/initiatives involving supplier improvements, technology, and acquisition & integrations.
- Utilize your negotiation skills to ensure we achieve win-win transactions between Trystar and our suppliers.
- Collaborate with production teams to ensure purchase part material availability is achieved while using initiatives such as stocking agreements, consignment, Kan Ban, etc., to track and improve performance.
- Work with our Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) team and product owners to keep customer issues a priority and to receive demand forecasts to develop purchased part forecast to our supply base in order to deliver material on-time to production floor.
- Manage and review the purchase order system (MRP) to ensure it is accurate, up-to-date and consistently meet the requirements of the organization to achieve parts availability for on-time-delivery to our customers.
- Identify raw material requirements from production specifications, operational schedules, and engineering quality requirements. Collaborate with engineering to recommend alternative parts and share new supplier products that benefit Trystar offerings.
- Process purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- Ensure purchasing activities follow 3-way matching requirements identifying and solving for root cause issues if/when they arise.
- Lead and execute on sourcing projects to achieve improvements in areas such as material productivity, technology advancements, delivery and inventory improvements.
- Collaborate with our quality team and suppliers to effectively address returned materials, tracking and ensuring credits are issued and ensure supplier corrective actions are implemented and completed.
- Ensure vendor master data is reviewed and updated within our ERP system to reflect the latest pricing, terms, contact information, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Technical.
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing/strategic sourcing
- Up to 20% travel
- A passion for Trystar, its culture, and its strategic vision.
- Strong leadership, team, and people management skills utilizing Trystar values to achieve effective results.
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning and Managing ERP Master Data
- Experience in effective negotiation tactics along with demonstrated business & financial acumen.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing, and growing environment.
- Active membership with American Purchasing Society, APICs or other related supply chain organizations
- Ability to effectively interface & communicate with peers across the company, externally to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Advanced PC skills (specifically Excel, Power Point & Word) including knowledge and hands-on experience with ERP/MRP systems.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?