- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Trystar is a leader in power distribution equipment and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and providing industry-leading service. Whether based in our state-of-the-art headquarters in Faribault, MN, our corporate office in Burnsville, MN, safety and integrity are our guiding principles, and we work together to achieve excellence for our customers every day.
Trystar’s team members are our most important asset, and we expect this position to play a critical role in achieving our strategic objectives. We are seeking a Sales Estimator who enjoys working as a member of a team to develop customer relationships and drive Trystar specifications. This position will be a member of the Trystar Customer Experience (CX) team and is expected to work with other parts of the organization and team members to maximize success for Trystar and our customers.
We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
• Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
• Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
• Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
• Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
• Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
• Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
• Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.AS TRYSTAR’S SALES ESTIMATOR YOU WILL:
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge, applications and problems customers are trying to solve
- Provide application and technical support
- Review data and determine type of materials or equipment requirements, utilizing knowledge of products to be manufactured, services to be performed, or type of structure to be built by reading riser diagrams, blueprints, and one-lines
- Articulate technology and differentiators to both business and technical users.
- Assist with product selection
- Respond to RFIs/RFPs
- Collaborate with field sales reps, independent reps and CX Team to command mindshare on Portable and Permanent Panels across the selling organization. Primary focus within the Critical Facilities vertical at Trystar.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers, field sales reps, independent reps, CX Team.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Coordinate your sales estimating, submittals, order entry efforts with the engineering design and manufacturing teams as required. Provide customer feedback, product improvement suggestions, and prioritize the ongoing new product development list based on actual customer opportunities.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure customer satisfaction – quality assurance, tracking and expediting orders as necessary.
- Identify and develop process improvements.
- Ensure that best practices are followed in our CRM such that accurate sales reports can be generated.
- Live chat subject matter expert
- Engineering Degree or Level 3 Technical/Vocational (i.e., Master Electrician)
- 2 years of experience within academic, military, or corporate business environment
- Travel Requirement: Less than 5%
• 2 years of experience in power generation industry or electrical sector
• Proficient and power user of MS Office (especially in MS Word and Excel)
• Customer Service or Sales Support experience
• Strong ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge is required
• Strong ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to provide solutions
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task successfully
• Strong ability to quickly establish rapport and develop win/win solutions
• Willingness to show problem ownership/employ corrective action
• Good understanding of the power generation industryCOMPENSATION
A highly competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, and a successful 401(k) Plan are just some of the benefits of working at Trystar.
Get fresh Electrical Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.