- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $100,000 Yearly
If you are a Project Manager (Technical IT/ Business Systems) professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Trystar has an exciting opportunity for you! You will work in collaboration with cross functional teams to manage enterprise-wide Business System related process improvement projects that enable Trystar to successfully scale and grow. Trystar is a leader in power distribution equipment and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and providing industry-leading service. This position can be based out of our state-of-the-art headquarters in Faribault, MN or our corporate office in Burnsville, MN and will report to Trystar Director of Portfolio Management.
Trystar’s team members are our most important asset, and this position plays a critical role in achieving our strategic objectives. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). You must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. You will ensure adherence to Trystar’s Guiding Principles and Values while delivering high quality project outcomes and benefits on-time and within budget.
We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
- Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
- Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
- Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
- Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
- Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.
• Collaborate with enterprise-wide stakeholders, drive for results, manage complexity, plan and align, and optimize work processes
• Facilitate brainstorming sessions to gather and document internal/external customer requirements to ensure clear project objectives and key results
• Create and manage realistic project schedules
• Anticipate and actively manage changes to project scope, schedule and performance while monitoring and managing project risks and mitigation strategies
• Establish and manage project capital and expense budgets
• Measure project performance using KPI’s that support Trystar’s strategic objectives
• Provide timely communication to stakeholders on project status and/or any escalations
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be very organized in workflow and documentation processes
• Ensure team performance by leading, mentoring, training, motivating, and celebrating
• Exhibit confident project management skills that set team expectations and effectively balance workloads
• Manage several projects in parallel
• Demonstrate effective and proven relationship building skills
• Provide continuous improvement feedback and guidance for future project planning and execution
• Utilize data-driven problem-solving framework and techniques to drive timely decisions
• Foster an environment that embraces experimentation, iteration, and bias towards action
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT, business, or a related field
- Five (5) + years of project management and related experience with business system projects in manufacturing environments
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time
- Proven ability to facilitate discussions to solve problems creatively
- Highly adaptable and agile in a fast-paced growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to complete full life cycle projects according to defined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong interpersonal skills and very resourceful with team building, maintaining partnerships, collaboration, and influence with enterprise-wide stakeholders
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience using Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
A highly competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, and a successful 401(k) Plan are just some of the benefits of working at Trystar.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?