Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Trystar is a leader in power distribution equipment and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and providing industry-leading service. Based in our state-of-the-art headquarters in Faribault, MN, safety, and integrity are our guiding principles, and we work together to achieve excellence for our customers every day.
Trystar’s team members are our most important asset, we are in search of a Production Supervisor who will lead and guide our teams to meet/exceed customer expectations & achieve strategic and aspirational growth plans while following our values & guiding principles.
In this role you will get to lead a team of production associates to execute production, improve and implement effective manufacturing processes, utilize concepts of lean & 6 sigma to drive a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement, while working to achieve key performance metrics and meeting/exceeding customer expectations. This position reports directly to the Value Stream Manager.We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
- Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
- Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
- Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
- Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
- Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.
In this role you will get to:
- Be accountable for operating a safe working environment for all employees, including leading by example, on-the-spot rectification of safety hazards, and timely incident reporting.
- Create a culture of accountability and empowerment in the production environment.
- Guide Team Leads and team to ensure effective cross-training for the production workforce, including backups from other areas, to assure a continuously operating and smooth-running department.
- Recognize employees for results & behaviors that support our values & principles that lead to customer satisfaction.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance. Partner with HR Department in rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and treating all employees’ fairly.
- Be accountable to the Value Stream Manager for performance of the department shift around metrics covering Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, and People.
- Be a change agent within the department, driving continuous improvement and elimination of waste.
- Develop knowledge of products, processes, equipment, and quality standards to develop/update standard work procedures and cross train department production employees.
- Instill and maintain a positive can-do team atmosphere within the department; hold regular team meetings, assigning team members tasks, and coordinating support services needed outside the team. Utilize the Tier Accountability Meetings and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
- Escalate major issues and opportunities to Value Stream Managers with proposed solutions and participate in execution of follow-on actions.
- Be responsible for all aspects of managing the department shift to include developing, coaching & mentoring Team Leads & associates, ensure that team input is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, to be rapidly implemented.
- Perform employment decisions related to associates, and performance assessment of all direct reports, Team Leads, and associates.
- Ownership of compliance and accuracy for values and proper usage of the ERP / MRP system.
- Facilitate and support the identification, selection, and prioritization of process improvement projects.
- Two years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel, and MRP transactions (Epicor preferred)
- Ability to work department shift hours and relevant overtime with the team
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical assembly, and/or fabrication
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated and effective leadership style, with a positive and proactive approach to supervision with a proven ability to build high performing teams
- Excellent people skills with a proven ability in supervising, coaching, and training employees
- Ability to develop Team Leads & front-line employees to grow their skills and achieve desired metrics
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to adapt & thrive in a fast-paced/high growth work environment.
- A passion for Trystar, its culture, and a commitment to deliver on growth and performance metrics
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
ManufacturingView all jobs at Trystar Inc
Get fresh Production Supervisor 3rd Shift jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.