Assembly Team Leader - 2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Assembly Team Leader – LoadbanksJob Description:
Trystar is a leader in power distribution equipment and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and providing industry-leading service. Based in our state-of-the-art headquarters in Faribault, MN, safety, and integrity are our guiding principles, and we work together to achieve excellence for our customers every day.
Trystar’s team members are our most important asset, we are in search of a Assembly Team Leader who will lead and guide our teams to meet/exceed customer expectations & achieve strategic and aspirational growth plans while following our values & guiding principles.
In this role you will get to lead a team of production associates to execute production, improve and implement effective manufacturing processes, utilize concepts of lean & 6 sigma to drive a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement, while working to achieve key performance metrics and meeting/exceeding customer expectations. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor.We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
- Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
- Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
- Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
- Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
- Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.
- Leads and motivates individual and team development in the Production Department, quality performance, cost parameters, and service to internal and external customers.
- Arranges and controls daily team activities to ensure smooth workflow, quality production, and timely delivery.
- Gives direction and improvement strategies for manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain processes.
- Partners with the Supervisor in determining weekly schedules employees, including authorizing overtime based on business needs.
- Support Supervisor, providing input regarding hourly associates performance and provides feedback to Supervisor and HR Department in cases of progressive discipline.
- Drives positive recognition in work area.
- Helps Supervisor in tracking attendance and timecard accuracy of hourly associates.
- Ensures compliance with quality, environmental, and safety regulations and standards.
- Assists with inventory, packaging, shipping/receiving, and general facility maintenance as needed.
- Projects, in partnership with Supervisor, staffing for daily and future production needs.
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineers and Supervisor to help monitor machinery, processes, and work layouts to recommend improvements.
- Helps Supervisor to conduct safety and training programs.
- Supports with mentoring hourly associates in work area and facilitating problem solving.
- Two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work department shift hours and relevant overtime with the team
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend plant directives written in English.
- One year of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel, and MRP transactions (Epicor preferred)
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical assembly, and/or fabrication
- Associate degree preferred
- Good people skills with a proven ability in coaching and training employees
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to adapt & thrive in a fast-paced/high growth work environment.
- A passion for Trystar, its culture, and a commitment to deliver on growth and performance metrics
ManufacturingView all jobs at Trystar Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?