Trystar is a leader in power distribution equipment and related services at the heart of supporting our electrical infrastructure. Our team members focus on producing the highest quality products in the industry and providing industry-leading service. Whether based in our state-of-the-art headquarters in Faribault, MN, our corporate office in Burnsville, MN, or a member of our team out in the field, safety and integrity are our guiding principles, and we work together to achieve excellence for our customers every day.
Trystar’s team members are our most important asset, and we expect this position to play a critical role in achieving our objectives. We are seeking an Accountant who enjoys working as a member of a cross functional team to solve problems and improve performance. This position will be a member of the Trystar finance team and will work with other parts of the organization and team members to maximize success for Trystar and our customers.We are looking for people who believe in our guiding principles and values of:
- Safety – We believe everyone should leave Trystar facilities in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- Integrity – We’re honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right.
- Customer focus – We have relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Right with speed – We use good judgement, make thoughtful decisions quickly, and execute them with purpose and intensity.
- Play for each other – We’re a team. We show up for each other and we know that through teamwork we achieve greatness.
- Champion change – We know adaptation and improvement are requirements to survive and to thrive.
- Enjoy the journey – We create an environment where our team feels appreciated and has fun along the way.
- Support the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results
- Prepare internal and external financial statements
- Participate in monthly closing process, including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and balance sheet analysis
- Lead activities and reporting for Concur and Travel & Expense processes, including policy compliance
- Provide management with information vital to the decision‐making process
- Ensure accurate and on‐time monthly close and reporting
- Partner with team to ensure sales taxes are reported and filed in all required states
- Manage and report on fixed asset subledger
- Responsible for Intercompany transactions and balancing between Trystar sites
- Facilitate analysis of accounts receivable collections and drive actions required
- Identify and drive implementation of process improvements for enterprise
- Support external audit activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Proficient use of financial systems and Microsoft Office tools, including proficiency in Excel
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with ERP systems, with Epicor experience a plus
- Experience with income and sales tax a plus
- Experience with percentage of completion (POC) accounting a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with a bias towards collaboration and teamwork
- Positive attitude, adept at problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel 10%
Trystar IncBurnsville, MN
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.