Patient Service Specialist
- Posted: 14 days ago
Patient Service Specialist
Applicants please note: All Tryon employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive an exemption to this requirement. Exceptions will be granted on the basis of medical or religious reasons only.
This position provides support with the intake and processing of patients presenting for care, and other relative activities.
(There are multiple openings at multiple Charlotte locations. You can cross reference all addresses on our website https://www.tryonmed.com/locations/).
Primary Job Responsibilities/Tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Schedule appointments in AthenaNet.
- Prepare new patient charts and/or paperwork at patient presentation.
- Greet patients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner. Communicate with patient during visit as necessary.
- Accurately perform registration process.
- Ensure all requirements and fields are satisfied and complete.
- Ensure patient is registered and educated on patient portal usage; distribute marketing materials as necessary.
- Collect co-payments, outstanding balances, pre-payments, payment plans at Check-In according to organizational financial policies, provide receipt of payment.
- Create Credit Card on File Contracts at Check-In.
- Collect deductible, co-insurance, and payment for services not covered by insurance at Check-Out.
- Reconcile the department schedules for the day to make ensure that all arrived patients have been “check-out”.
- Answers inbound and/or makes outbound telephone calls as assigned and appropriately directs callers.
- Schedule follow-up appointments.
- Reconcile, balance, and close batches daily.
- Accurately document patient cases in Athena.
- Educate patients accurately and completely including utilizing the Patient Portal.
- Document appropriately within AthenaNet to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Monitor and check assigned Athena boxes and other assigned boxes for coverage.
- Work at different Tryon office locations as needed.
- For upcoming appointments without insurance on file or have an insurance that TMP is not contracted with attempt to call patient two days prior in order to collect and verify insurance.
- Document in Athena your attempts to contact patients for missing information.
- Verify eligibility and benefits for all patients daily.
- Work all assigned Athena Inboxes in the “Non-Clinical View”.
- Other duties as assigned.
Chart prep which includes the following:
- Verifying E&B on all patients two days prior to the appointment.
- Call patients two days prior and obtain insurance information if it is not entered when the appointment is made and document with an appointment note each attempt to reach the patient.
- Capture emails (if not already entered) and send portal invitation.
- Verify the patient’s financial responsibility (deductible, co-ins, and copay) and document with an appointment note.
- Call patients that have balances prior to their appointment to educate and collect.
- Collect copay when patent checks in and explain to the patient if a payment will be expected after the appointment.
- Look up E & M code if a patient has a deductible or co-insurance in Athena using the allowable tool.
- Look up E & M code if a patient is a self- pay and use the Athena fee schedule tool.
- Recognize the difference between an HRA account and an HSA account- knowing when it is appropriate to collect and when it is not.
- Check balances of an HRA account.
- Check Blue E to ensure premiums are paid to date if the patient has a BCBS market place product, if not notify patient if in arrears.
- Process medical records requests.
- High school diploma; some college preferred.
- Minimum of one-year medical office or healthcare facility experience.
- E.H.R. and Scheduling experience.
- Experience serving customers in person and on the phone
- Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, equipment and supplies.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing conditions and situations.
- Ability to concentrate on details.
Powered by JazzHR
Tryon Medical Partners
HealthcareView all jobs at Tryon Medical Partners
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?