Professional Learning Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Professional Learning Coordinator | Full-Time
Culture: Trying Together’s mission is to support high-quality care and education for young children. Trying Together is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that supports the work of early childhood by providing advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the adults who interact with them. A fast-paced organization, Trying Together looks for dedicated and passionate staff who bring positivity to their work and a solution-oriented sensibility. Trying Together is an equal opportunity employer. Trying Together does not discriminate and encourages qualified candidates of any gender, race, class, sexual orientation, faith, disability, or age to apply. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis. Purpose: Under the leadership of the Director of Quality Initiatives Projects, the Professional Learning Coordinator will work with the Trying Together Associate Executive Director, Quality Initiatives Professional Learning team, ELRC Quality Coaches, and Early Head Start Coaches in carrying out the mission of the organization. The Professional Learning Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and administering customized, contract, and grant-funded Trying Together professional learning opportunities and will work with the Quality Initiatives team to ensure that all professional learning opportunities work together effectively. This is a great opportunity for an individual early in their career who is looking to develop their knowledge of early childhood professional growth and instruction.
- Work closely with the Quality Initiatives team to determine current and relevant professional development topics that meet ECE and School Age professionals’ needs.
- Conduct research and review literature on current and significant developments and trends in the early childhood field at the national, state and local levels to determine relevant PD topics.
- Schedule and coordinate all Trying Together professional learning opportunities for Early Learning Program Directors/Administrators and early learning educators.
- Serve as the PA PD Registry Administrator for Trying Together and submit all relevant PD module information into the PA PD Registry for approval.
- Work with the Communications team to ensure that all Trying Together sponsored PD is being promoted in the most effective manner.
- Implement policies and procedures that ensure an efficient process for all internal and external Professional Learning opportunities and requests.
- Create and monitor registration for all Trying Together Professional learning opportunities.
- Maintain and update a tracking spreadsheet of all Professional Development opportunities with appropriate reporting information if necessary.
- Ensure that all students enrolled in all Trying Together coursework receive proper Professional Development credit.
- Work with the Professional Learning team to ensure that Trying Together is accredited to provide applicable PD credits. (CEU, Act 48, PQAS, Organizational PQAS).
- Ensure that participants in all specialized PD receive appropriate credit (CDA, Induction, Unconference, Partner PD).
- Ensure that Trying Together Professional Development connects to projects and the work of the ELRC.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with community partner organizations.
- Participate in initial and ongoing professional development for the purpose of growing and developing new skills.
- Promote and support the vision, mission and goals of Trying Together.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion and a willingness to do the ongoing personal work to bring about a more just society.
- Consistently use the NeonCRM platform to build relationships with constituents, record data that measures project performance, and to support continuous quality improvement in the organization's resources and services.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Services or related field and two years related experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Internet research.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work within deadlines.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the early childhood and school age field in general and NAEYC and PennAEYC specifically.
- A working knowledge of Keystone STARS and state and national support systems for early learning programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and values the notion of respect among colleagues. The Professional Learning Coordinator will be required to abide by the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct for Early Childhood professionals.
- Is flexible and open to quick changes being made to better meet the needs of program and project audiences as well as perform other duties to support Trying Together initiatives, as assigned.
- Has the ability to ask questions whenever unclear about a concept, task or activity.
- Clean Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance.
- Clean Act 34 PA State Police Clearance.
- Clean Act 73 Federal Criminal History Clearance.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification.
- Mandated Reporter Training (must be completed in the first month of placement).
- NeonCRM Training (required and recommended online courses must be completed in the first three months of placement).
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Appreciative inquiry and strengths-based review process.
Powered by JazzHR
EducationView all jobs at Trying Together