Full Stack Developer (Remote)
- Posted: May 31, 2022
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Truvani is a health and wellness brand that has one clear mission: create products people use in their daily lives with CLEAN ingredients.
Many companies claim it. We actually mean it.
Our co-founder Vani Hari, better known as The Food Babe, started out as an activist who wanted to hold big companies accountable for what they put into their products. And she made tremendous progress with the help of her online following dubbed "The Food Babe Army."
But after years of fighting, she realized that the only way to make a truly lasting change in the food system is to compete with these big companies head-to-head.
So, she launched Truvani. We are a fast paced, high-growth health and wellness company that is looking to work with talented, ambitious people who want to create the best health and wellness products.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Truvani is looking for a Shopify developer to expand our e-commerce presence and enrich our customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in front-end web development and familiar with the Shopify development process. We are open to all levels of experience with Shopify development and are willing to train on the Shopify platform.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain front-end themes and applications for Shopify in collaboration with other developers and our marketing team.
Truvani operates in a fast-paced development environment, providing regular opportunities to lead, iterate, and innovate. With frequent promotions and product launches, you will have an opportunity to contribute to many areas across the business. As your experience with the company grows, you will have the option to advance your career and receive mentorship in Frontend Development, Full-Stack Development, and Data Engineering-whichever area you are most passionate about.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3-5+ years of professional development experience required.
- Familiar with templating systems such as Liquid, Blade, or Mustache.
- Experience with one backend language (PHP, Python, Node, Go) and popular frameworks (Laravel, Django, NestJS).
- Familiarity with using relational databases, both querying and schema design.
- Understanding of version control systems (Git, GitHub) and branching patterns (e.g. Git Flow).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a strong sense of project ownership and a commitment to shipping high quality features.
- Self-motivated. Passionate about pursuing self-education, personal growth, and careerdevelopment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to code a theme from scratch in Shopify.
- Experience with front-end build tools, such as PostCSS, NPM, Webpack, or Gulp.
- Knowledge of SQL, Data Warehousing, Google Analytics, and other reporting technologies.
- An understanding of user experience design and how to create pages that are easy to use.
- Experience with back-end technologies, such as Laravel, .NET, or Ruby on Rails.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Convert designs in Sketch or Adobe XD into fully functioning sales pages.
- Optimize performance of Shopify Themes for load times and conversion rates.
- Produce Shopify applications based on requirements and technical specifications.
- Implement, administer, and extend Shopify Apps from the App Store.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues that occur within first-party and third-party Apps.
- Exercising project stewardship during all phases of development.
- Cultivate and implement new ideas that leverage technologies to serve our customers and business.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Health benefits offered after 60 days.
- Generous education budget.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
- This is a permanent position with an opportunity to grow within the company (so we would like to hire someone that is awesome and is excited about being a part of our team).
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TechnologyView all jobs at Truvani