Brand Manager, Marketing
Truth Initiative Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Brand Manager, Marketing is a member of truth's Marketing Department, a 20-member team which directs all marketing initiatives for the organization's highly awarded and evolving national youth brand, truth. This individual will collaborate across disciplines and departments such as brand, creative and social, research, experiential, legal, activism/advocacy, analytics and partnerships. The ideal candidate will be a driven leader, enthusiastic collaborator and an assertive problem solver reporting directly to the Managing Director, Marketing.
This highly motivated candidate will be responsible for assisting in the strategic development and implementation of multiple core marketing elements of the truth campaign such as video and digital content, added value content, media partnerships, etc. (S)he will manage and “own” multiple, simultaneous projects in multiple areas, while ensuring a smooth workflow within a cross-functional team including members of all internal departments as well as agency and vendor partners. This position is an ideal opportunity for a marketing professional with at least five to seven years’ experience to help manage the truth brand; the nation’s most storied and successful youth smoking prevention campaign.
As someone who gets the big picture, you are proactive and always ahead of the game, ensuring that all content requirements are well-defined and aligned with brand goals and objectives. You cross each t and dot each i, even when time is short, and take pride in a job done well. You consider yourself to be a high energy, diplomatic and proactive with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Working as part of an effective team motivates you, but it's not your style to shy away from what you can do individually. You are thoughtful and passionate about the challenges of our time and appreciate your community and the world around you. The way you see the world, the future looks bright and you have a plan to achieve it.
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT:
We are an award-winning nonprofit organization dedicated to primarily addressing vape use, a current youth epidemic. We are building a team of smart, creative and passionate professionals who represent diverse backgrounds and disciplines to help us speak, seek and spread the truth about vaping and tobacco.
We are not anti-vaper, but we are anti-sidelines when it comes to the fight against smoking and vaping. If you haven't already, check us out at www.thetruth.com
THE DAY-TO-DAY STUFF:
- Be a steward of the truth® brand.
- Manage the creation and development of brand initiatives, implement and monitor brand campaign production, media planning and placement.
- Manage budgets; conduct ongoing analysis to seek efficiencies and provide timely and accurate updates to supervisors and teammates.
- Interpret research, analyze the feasibility of new marketing strategies and tactics, recommend and execute implementation plans.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal departments including Communications, Legal and Research.
- Develop strong relationships with agency and vendor partners; manage their deliverables and work processes on a day-to-day basis, providing direction and feedback on strategy, positioning, messaging and creative.
- Coordinate closely with truth’s digital, and partnership teammates to ensure truth’s messaging is being communicated seamlessly across platforms.
- Partner closely with internal social, creative and analytics teams on social content strategy and production
- Work closely with the Communications Department to ensure that an aggressive youth media relations campaign.
- Supervise 1 direct report and/or interns.
The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of marketing experience, including digital. A track record of success in for-profit consumer brand marketing or advertising, ideally on a national youth brand. Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence. Strong account/creative management and planning experience required. Proactive, creative, optimistic and fired up by new challenges. Tuned-in to youth culture and social media. Candidate is a relationship builder and a strong leader. The individual must have the ability to work independently and efficiently to manage projects through their entire life cycle, in collaboration with internal and external team members; experience leading/motivating and/or supervising staff; comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, demanding and culturally casual environment; high-energy, professional and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary is competitive based on experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
POSITION LOCATED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to:
Attn: Brand Manager, Marketing
900 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 454-5597
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Not eligible for remote work in Colorado.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Truth Initiative