- Posted: over a month ago
Trust Automation, a company well-rooted in San Luis Obispo for the last 30 years with a start-up vibe is looking for a Quality Engineer to add to our team of engineers, technicians, and professionals. Trust Automation, designs, engineers, manufactures, and supports control and power management systems for the most demanding defense, semiconductor, and industrial automation technologies.What's Cool About This Job:
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System and will lead continuous improvement efforts towards AS9100D compliance and certification. The position is responsible for documenting and communicating non-conformance investigations to departments within Trust Automation, Trust Automation customers, and Trust Automation vendors.What You Will Do:
- Responsible for review and approval of drawings
- Be the engineering liaison between manufacturing engineering and quality assurance to ensure high quality procedures are in place for manufacturing.
- Determining quality improvement factors
- Assist manufacturing engineering and product management in the development of tools, fixtures, and test procedures to support high quality manufacturing processes.
- Assist manufacturing engineering to ensure preventative maintenance is completed on a set schedule.
- Assist Quality manager with procedures, flow charts, and process development
- Assist the Quality Manager with research, establish, implementation, training, and auditing to maintain our QMS ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D certification.
- Processing of non-conformance's, corrective actions, and continuous improvement reports and activities.
- Monitor workflows, processes, and products
- Implementing methods to inspect, test, and evaluate the reliability of manufacturing processes, products, and production equipment
- Create quality documentation
- Assist inspectors during inspection of parts and components.
- Aide the creation and review of quality inspection points during Trust Automation's production processes.
- Ability to perform AS9100 First Article Inspections and Delta First Article Inspections.
- Assist Quality Manager with the set up to process any product recalls on parts
- Communicate with the RMA coordinator of status on product returned for repairs.
- Interface professionally with customers for RMA updates.
- Assist the Quality Manager to explore and develop tools and systems to improve document management in all of forms of media.
- Track performance metrics and utilize the data to drive improvements.
- Create well organized reports that meet the company standards for sharing information across departments and to Trust Automation's customers. Reviews company procedural documents and recommends revisions in scope, format, and content.
- Processes change requests whenever a change relating to controlled documentation is needed. Confers with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents. Maintains records of all changes and communicates all changes to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors Approved Suppliers and maintains the ASL (Approved Supplier List) as needed.
- Perform supplier visits, audits, and evaluations as required. Assist in supplier monitoring efforts per AS9100D.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferred
- 3+ years related experience in a similar role
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient skill related to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), and industry-related software applications.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/specifications
- Astute oral and written communication, time management, attention to detail, and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work effectively along and within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Competitive and comprehensive total benefits package
- Fully paid employee health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO), paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Profit sharing, 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- Trust Café with snacks and drinks galore
- Forget DoorDash delivery fees, we have onsite lunch options!
- Onsite childcare: Trust Children's Center (infant to age 5)
- Innovative wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous learning culture
It seems like no matter how many talented, enthusiastic people we bring in, our company just keeps growing. So if you're ready to join a company full of creative, motivated people making cool things, apply at www.trustautomation.comPhysical Demands:
Trust Automation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and/or veteran status.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and sit or stand for extended periods of time.Additional:
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- This position requires successfully passing a background check prior to the first day of employment
- Trust Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We participate in E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States
AddressSan Luis Obispo, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?