Summary: Assembles roof and/or floor trusses by performing one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble the truss. This requires such processes as insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts and use of some hand tools.
• Assembles trusses by positioning lumber and plates on the line, aligned within the hardware, and as seen on the model truss.
• Sets press machine pins as directed by crew leader.
• Hammers plates into lumber on the bottom of the truss.
• Releases assembled truss from hardware on to racks or stacks on the ground.
• Maintains working area free of miscellaneous equipment and debris. Sweeps work area at the end of the shift.
• Reports all unsafe working conditions and practices to the crew leader.
• Complies with all employee conduct and safety guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Associates and Managers
• Ability to learn & grow – i.e. learn & apply TMS, learn kaizen, gain CPR certification as well as Forklift certification.
• Ability to lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
• Able to perform assembly tasks as required
• Basic Math skills needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training required.