Work in a doctor's office, outpatient. Mondays - Wednesdays with 4 days weekend!!!
Summary: Assists Providers with patient treatment by performing the following duties.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examination, keeping rooms neat and clean.
- Do Vitals
- Interview patients and document HPI, including medications and allergies, measure New Patient vital signs, weight and height; document in EMR
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Communicate when supplies are low to ensure proper inventory.
- Have knowledge of the practice services as provided by various providers.
- Prepare medications and injectable components as directed by provider.
- Explain treatments, procedures, medications, and injectable components as directed by provider. Assist in gathering any needed supplements and escort patient to the front desk.
- Assist physician in examination and treatment of patients to include: Supartz, TPI, nerve injections, ultrasound guidance, stem cell, labs, regenerative procedures, bracing, taping, strapping, fitting and other related tasks.
- Perform cleaning, sterilization, organization, and other housekeeping duties.
- Answer inquiries and educate patients under provider’s guidance/recommendation only.
- Remain current on all OSHA & MSDS training.
- Continue education and personal growth to maintain all registrations, licensures, and certifications.
- Complete work ability reports, disability forms and attending physician statements as directed.
- Attend team meetings and health fairs to promote the company as needed.
- Triage calls effectively and with empathy.
- Flexible, adapts to change positively.
- Presents a consistent willingness to learn new skills and positive demeanor with both patients and co-workers.
- Create unity within your TEAM! Individual performance is necessary. TEAM performance is paramount.
- Be a TEAM Player. A team player is an employee that can be counted on to do his/her job, be relied on the complete tasks, work cooperatively with others. Each team member makes a point to treat each member of the team with respect no matter what personal matters or office politics are between them. Everyone must operate as team players to get the job done!
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Medical background.
For MA: Medical Assistant Certification Required. 1-year experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Truong Rehabilitation Center