Company Name – Trumont Construction
Company Description - Trumont Construction is a design-build general contractor focused on ground-up, commercial and multi-family construction. Our company currently operates in the State of Texas with a desire to expand nationally. We are looking to hire life-long employees who share our same desire to build and grow. Trumont Construction is affiliated with Trumont Group, a multifamily and commercial development firm.
Job Title – Project Estimator
Job Description – Project Estimators play a central role in nearly every aspect of the construction process, taking a project from first conception and design all the way through awarding subcontracts. As part of their primary responsibilities, the Project Estimator leads the pre-construction and design development phase alongside a Project Manager, analyzing project plans and specifications to determine the overall estimated cost, schedule, potential risks / mitigation, and assumptions for a project. This department is skilled at both quantity take-off and conceptual estimating. Estimators will often work with architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and civil elements of a project. The Estimator will, at times, be required to assist in project management, coordination and administration capacities.
Start Date – 10/21/2019
Location – Dallas but must be willing to travel as required
Benefits – Health / Dental / Vision / PTO / Professional Development Assistance
Salary – Market; based on experience
Bonus – Based on project performance
Experience: 3 - 5+ years in commercial and multi-family new construction
Roles and Responsibilities
· Develops accurate and concise estimating assumptions.
· Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding.
· Prepares overall project estimates as well as trade scope breakdowns.
· Provide value engineering design solutions to save on project costs, lead-times, materials, and trade partners; lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with project team
· Understand, facilitate, and oversee the bid process: solicit bid invites, communicate with bidders, prepare cost analysis and evaluate proposals, pre-qualify bidders, and track and level bids.
· Prepare detail to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages (ITB templates and scope sheets).
· Builds relationships with customers, designers, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
· Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
· Communicates with team members regarding new and current projects.
· Assists in project management, coordination and administration capacities.
· Prepare estimate deliverable and assist in business development.
· Demonstrates strong understanding on construction procedures, labor requirements, and building codes.
· Maintain and update digital plan room to reflect most recent version of plans and specifications
· Additional responsibilities as directed by upper management.
· Attention to detail
· 3+ years in multi-family and commercial new construction estimating experience
· Bluebeam (or similar estimating software) and Procore Experience
· Professionalism and communication
· Construction and trade specific knowledge (technical background)
· Construction material and application knowledge
· Existing subcontractor, architect, supplier and vendor relationships
· Team oriented and ability to manage people
· Problem solving and creative thinking
· Valid Driver’s License
· Local to Dallas
· Strong communication skills (email and phone)
· Self-driven & motivated
· Knowledge of complete construction lifecycle
Preferred (3+ year)
· Google Earth
· Microsoft Office
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
· OSHA 30
Supply at Interview
· Portfolio of projects and role contributed to each
· Examples of work
· 3 references
· Software certifications
· Safety certifications
· Equipment certifications
Note: Job description is not intended to cover every single requirement of the job. The company reserves the right to change job duties at any time.