Help the world see brilliantly at TrueVision Systems, in Santa Barbara, California! We have a small, 40-person team operating in a fast-paced, start-up environment to design and manufacture the next generation of digital surgical imaging systems for ophthalmic surgery. Our small team will afford you many opportunities to have a big impact without the uncertainty of a true start-up company. We are fortunate to be a subsidiary of Alcon so we benefit from a large parent company’s global impact and funding.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of Quality Control and Assurance duties encompassing the testing and documentation of all TrueVision Systems software, hardware, and systems being shipped to internal and external customers. Other duties include planning and implementing QA for new product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executes Quality Assurance processes in the release of medical devices for microsurgery by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- System configuration, test and deployment. Assessment of product readiness for customer shipment. Development and evolution for test procedures and documentation. Provide feedback to the engineering team for product improvements and refinements.
- Hardware and software quality assurance.
- Provide Technical Assistance & telephone support.
- Define and implement hardware testing and QA procedures
- Document product test results
Testing, configuration and QA of hardware prior to customer shipment
Assist in defining and implementing QA procedures
Participate in software testing
Triage product returns
Define and implement software testing and QA procedures
Document product test results
Work with both a small in-house development team and outsourced contractors which augment in-house capabilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Familiarity with modern computer hardware
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Interpersonal – maintains confidentiality and listens to others without interrupting.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures, provides necessary support to organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Dependability – Responds to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure and follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security policies and procedure and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Biomedical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university. Knowledge of or exposure to 3D TV’s, Monitors or gaming is desirable.
Experience with troubleshooting different computer problems is desirable.
Demonstrate excellent communication and documentation skills, both written and oral. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Demonstrate ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills (avid recreational or professional use), knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. The individual should also be able to troubleshoot PC-based systems, hardware, and software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.