Creative Director (Remote)
- Posted: May 05, 2022
As a Creative Director at TrueSense Marketing, you have proven experience leading direct-response fundraising creative strategy for your assigned clients across all channels, including direct mail, email, digital, social, and phone. You also own the creative framework and execution for key concepts and campaigns.
As a leader at TrueSense, you incorporate our core beliefs, which fuel your day to day behaviors, decisions and collaboration:
- With a spirit of Kinship in your relationships, which are based on respect and authenticity allowing for closeness, fun, candor and debate.
- With a commitment to Ownership, assuming personal accountability for your commitments, which not only reflects your personal commitment to excellence and quality, but supports your respect for your teammates, who rely on your delivered services to achieve their own objectives.
- With a dedication to Service, pursued with an overriding sense of humility, eager to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, because you believe when you serve first, those you serve grow and even flourish.
- Delivers direct-response fundraising work of the highest creative and execution standards, and has a portfolio which demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas.
- Works closely with the strategy and account teams to establish client goals, overarching strategy, and results objectives.
- Translates historical performance results and donor/client insights into actionable creative strategies.
- Leads creative brainstorm meetings, and documenting the outcomes and recommendations.
- Contributes to the development of creative briefs for client review/approval, working collaboratively with the account and strategy team leaders.
- Develops creative work in partnership with assigned proficiency partners.
- Presents creative concepts and strategic rationale to clients as required.
- Possesses a deep understanding of direct response fundraising principles across channels, especially direct mail and digital.
- Keeps up with fundraising, direct response, and digital industry trends, and leads on testing/establishing new breakthrough creative strategies and tactics.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with team members across all internal agency disciplines.
- Trains new team members and other agency members on direct-response fundraising principles, agency practices, as needed.
- Helps develop and grow other creative team members by training and mentoring while working with them on client projects. May have direct reports to supervise.
- Works with Chief Creative Officer, VP Creative, and VP Creative Directors to provide regular input on performance of any assigned staff, as well as input on annual reviews, as requested.
- Ensures details of projects are managed, including timelines, client brand elements, and works with internal production team to ensure creative ideas fall reasonably within client budgets/proformas.
- Participates in the development of new business proposals, spec creative, presentations and other sales and marketing materials, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Graphic Arts, or related disciplines.
- 10+ years of direct-response fundraising experience, with a proven track record and successive creative roles in design, art direction, or creative direction.
- Previous fundraising agency experience and/or non-profit experience.
- Proficiencies in relevant Adobe Creative Suite products and Mac OS required.
- Experience with relevant digital creative tools (such as Sketch and Adobe XD) required.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Appreciation - Is transparent and honest with team members, appreciates differences between coworkers in thought as well as style, and shows respect for others and their ideas.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent use of the English language (grammar, syntax, vocabulary); possesses the ability to communicate effectively and continuously with internal as well as external customers; composes clear/complete emails.
- Computer Proficiency - Strong computer skills including all Microsoft products (Outlook; Excel; Word; PowerPoint)
- Job Specific Programs as Applicable: Adobe Creative Suite, and other design platforms web/digital/responsive design and/or video design. Possesses comprehensive computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Congeniality - Positive attitude, not easily discouraged, open to alternative views, accepting of coaching/peer input, and copes well even under pressure.
- Customer Service - Anticipates the needs of others as well as clients, acts upon those needs appropriately, and help remove barriers to excellent customer service.
- Industry Knowledge - In-depth knowledge and understanding of direct-response best practices, strategy, and tactics.
- Innovation - Pursues better ways of getting things done, models breakthrough thinking, acts as a change agent, and helps others manage through change. Ultimately translates the department vision into actionable plans and creates enthusiasm about the future of TrueSense.
- Modeling - Acts as a role model for others and actively participates in the development and mentorship of teammates/direct reports; positively influences others while providing motivational support and direction where needed.
- Personal Development - Demonstrates personal growth and learning; acknowledges mistakes & learns from them.
- Problem Solving - Digs in to problems, investigates all aspects, gathers facts, and recommends solutions.
- Professionalism - Is visible with a positive presence, is ethical, and highly professional.
- Project Ownership - Can be trusted to troubleshoot problems, manage timelines, anticipate issues, and follow through with all tasks to completion.
- Self-Discipline Ability to stay on task and manage workload, regardless of where youre working from in the office or remotely.
- Team Mentality - Works in a coordinated effort with other members of the team in order to achieve overreaching goals, models collaboration, instills effective team membership in others, and allows for flexibility in how work is accomplished.
NOTE: We have a mixture of employees working in our home-base just outside of Pittsburgh, PA and remotely around the country. We are flexible with location.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at TrueSense Marketing