Construction Coordinator - Telecom
TrueNet Communications Herndon, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Join the TrueNet family as a Construction Coordinator in the Herndon, VA market. As a TrueNet team member you will receive competitive benefits, excellent pay and flexible work schedules. TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom Industry and always looking for the perfect addition.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and experience in Telecommunication with Construction background as well.
Construction Coordinators are responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and managing a wide variety of projects involving the construction of ISP and OSP facilities, buildings, road moves, etc. They will oversee the construction process from conceptualization to completion including the oversight of engineers, construction supervisors, contractors, various trade workers and project managers. They are responsible for effectively monitoring and managing the quality and completion of work and resolving issues while accurately report on the progress of a project and update databases as applicable, e.g., Fiber to the x (FTTx), Customer Designed Fiber Services (CDFS), Alternative Form of Regulation (AFOR), and Global Passive Optical Networks (GPON).
Essential Position Functions:
- Inspects quality of work performed by internal employees and contractors by monitoring construction projects on site.
- Oversees installation of facilities under the USDA Rural Utilities Service (RUS), region construction practices; and/or inspects ISP or OSP work prints.
- Partners with Engineering to ensure designs are effectively translated into the field environment.
- Manages projects, administers implementation, and provides field perspective of necessary work functions.
- Approves contractor invoices
- Assists Engineering by interfacing with contractors in preparation of projects.
- Assists in resolving issues, reviews engineering work prints and handbooks and vendor installation processes in accordance with CenturyLink standards.
- Provides feedback to internal and external construction personnel regularly.
- Reports housekeeping issues, maintains knowledge of engineering standards, practices and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 4+ years of industry experience and knowledge in the aspects of Engineering, ISP and OSP construction, and contract policies and procedures or equivalent work experience or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel as much as 30%-40%.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record. Motor vehicle record check will be required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Knowledge of central office configurations and routing switching.
- Previous experience with supervision of projects, or project management, reading blueprints and schematics, and experience and knowledge of building codes and relevant laws to ensure the project is in compliance with building standards and regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at TrueNet Communications