Call Center Supervisor
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Patient Service Representative Supervisor - Call Center
Location: Oceanside, CA
Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. (Rotating Saturday's)
$500 Sign-on Bonus!!
TrueCare is more than just a place to work; it feels like home. Sound like a fit? We'd love to hear from you!
The Patient Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising, planning, coordinating, and monitoring the day-to-day operational activities of the Member Access Point department. This position is responsible for addressing complex member inquiries, questions, and concerns in areas including appointments, access for medical care, and insurance eligibility. The Patient Service Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring that calls are managed by staff in a competent manner while providing high quality customer service.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the Patient Service Representatives; answer questions, assign tasks, follow up, and give instructions as needed.
- Create and maintain staff schedules, coverage plans and assignments, and manage Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Schedule and coordinate successful onboarding for new employees.
- Assess, train, and supervise staff in departmental procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Monitor calls, technical accuracy, and conformity to departmental procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Conduct frequent quality assurance audits; assure phone access, documentation, insurance verification, and appointment booking standards are achieved.
- Verify that insurance eligibility for all appointments has been completed prior to scheduling.
- Perform monthly audits and verifications to ensure appointments are scheduled according to protocol.
- Confirm appointment details with patients after appointment have been scheduled.
- Respond to escalated patient complaints and provide proper follow-up with patient and staff in a timely manner; escalate to Manager, when required.
- Monitor and report call volumes and access to telephone services.
- Track and report on departmental monthly goals, e.g., standard answer time, hold times, and dropped calls.
- Adhere to current Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and security policies.
- Assist in developing and updating appropriate policies and procedures. Actively participate in special projects to develop standardize workflows.
- Consistently identify process improvements opportunities.
- Associate’s degree in a healthcare or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) years’ of call center, appointment, or operations experience.
- Two (2) years’ of supervisory or lead experience .
- High volume phone queue experience.
- Knowledge of insurance and medical terminology.
- Experience in creating training materials in order to educate and cultivate staff.
- Computer literacy working with PC-based software applications and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related field.
- Avaya PBX systems or similar PBX call center routing/queue systems experience.
- Completion of a Supervisory Certificate Program.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Join our TrueCare team and receive a superior benefit package featuring flexible options to fit your lifestyle:
- Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with low co-pays
- Employer paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Supplemental Life and AD&D coverage at competitive group rates
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program for financial planning, taxes and other life issues
- Education benefits to further your passion
- Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match to eligible participants
- National Health Corps. Loan repayment approved site
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.
At Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and every person who walks through our doors.
Visit truecare.org to learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!
TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
BusinessView all jobs at TrueCare