True North Transport is looking for company drivers and owner operators to join our team in Indianapolis.
We are seeking a dependable and efficient CDL truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience is a must.
CDL Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport goods, livestock, etc. to intended destination
- Ensure contents are properly secured in truck, flatbed to prevent damage/injury
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
CDL Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
- 2+ years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Comfortable with long-haul transport
- Able to operate electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Flatbed conestoga freight
- Steady freight
- Regional and long haul freight
- $30 per diem pay
- Home weekly
- Late model equipment
- No touch freight