- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a critical member of the Finance Team, the Plant Controller will be responsible for the financial control and reporting of the financial position of all plant operations. This position serves as the primary point of contact for all accounting matters related to the manufacturing plant in Faison, North Carolina.
- Provide the financial leadership and decision support analysis necessary to maintain and improve profit margins.
- Responsible for all aspects of the month end close including the preparation of account reconciliations, the analysis of P&L fluctuations and the reporting of monthly financial statements.
- Develop and prepare financial and operational measurement and key performance indicators for incorporation into weekly and monthly operations package.
- Monitor and account for all capital projects, including the timely capture of all project commitments and the presentation of projections against budget to senior managers.
- Oversee the entire inventory cycle from the purchase of raw materials to the storage of finished goods.
- Manage all plant procurement and ensure that controls are in place to capture liabilities when goods are received or services are rendered.
- Identify accruals, prepaid expenses, capital purchases and variances from budget as part of the month-end close process.
- Oversee adherence to accounting policies in consultation with the corporate finance team.
- Lead cost avoidance and cost reduction efforts and report weekly and monthly savings.
- Coordinate the plant's annual budget process as well as monthly and quarterly revenue and profitability forecasting.
- Coordinate the weekly 6-month forecast
- Prepare and/or coordinate the filing of all state and local tax returns including, but not limited to, sales and use taxes.
- Monitor compliance with all state and local business licenses and registrations.
- Provide leadership on special projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- B.A. /B.S. in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing organization.
- Previous plant controllership experience highly preferred.
- Previous success in driving business process re-engineering and organizational change.
- Ability to drive business operating results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
- Strong analytical abilities, organized with attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Comfortable working in unstructured environment.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word and accounting systems is required.
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Plant Financial Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.