Manager- Plant Human Resources
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client is a leading supplier of of food products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, our client has produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Human Resources Manager will assist in the development and drive implementation and administration of assigned Human Resource responsibilities at our manufacturing facility. The HR Manager will ensure that programs, policies, and procedures support the overall business objectives in the areas of union/labor relations, staffing, performance management, training and development, employee relations and engagement, compensation, and benefits as well as a HR administration.
This position will provide direct leadership to the local HR team and HR oversight for the salaried team and hourly employees. The HR Manager will partner with other internal/external resources to provide and develop the human resource capabilities necessary to achieve business success. Effective resolution of employee relations issues and assurance of compliance with organizational policies/practices and federal, provincial, and local employment laws and practices are also critical functions of this position. The HR Manager is an intricate part of the plant leadership team and is a strong business partner, leading lean manufacturing processes, employee engagement and related aspects.
- Provides direction and counsel regarding human resources aspects of plant operations
- Manages labor and employee relations
- Handles requisition, recruitment, interview, and selection
- Resource for plant manager regarding human resources topics/compliance
- Leads in the development, implementation, and auditing of policies and procedures
- Leads Continuous Skill Development initiatives
- Leads talent management, organizational development, and organizational effectiveness processes/initiatives for location
- Analyzes training and development needs.
- Lead in the development and administration of training programs
- Assists in the strategic development and planning process
- Manages regulatory compliance efforts
- Leads culture in assessment process and provide direction on developing action plans
- Manages plant benefits, compensation, and payroll related process
- Manage return-to-work program and assist with claims management
- Provide support and back-up for the Health & Safety position.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or other Human Resource field required
- Prior HR Management experience
- Generalist experience in Human Resources required
- Experience in KPI/metrics-based HR Management
- Experience with large sized workforce
- Experience managing multiple exempt direct reports
- Use of performance management principles
- Human Resources management experience in a manufacturing environment required,
- Human resources Certification preferred; CHRP
- Union experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and drive change in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing processes preferred
- Strong computer skills to include Windows, Word, and Excel
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
True Find Staffing
Get fresh Plant HR jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.