Assistant Executive Director
- Posted: 2 days ago
- $40,000 to $50,000 Yearly
The Assistant Executive Director’s (AED) primary responsibility is to assist in the operations of the Senior Living community by helping to manage the accounting functions and management of the workforce. The AED will also support the Executive Director in other management responsibilities as directed. An AED role exists in a community which has more than 150 units.
True Connection Communities (TCC) is a rapidly growing Senior Housing platform focused on the Active Adult and Independent Living segments of the business. Currently TCC has 17 communities located in nine states and we will be opening more locations in the near future. At TCC, every day is an opportunity at our Senior Living Community for all our team members to make lasting connections with each other, residents, and resident’s families in a profound and personal way. At True Connection Communities, you’ll find opportunities to impact lives whether you have direct contact with residents, or support or lead someone who does. For more information on True Connection Communities visit www.trueconnectioncommunities.com.
Benefit of Working for Us (based on eligibility)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance offered
- 401k Program
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Staff development courses & free online training courses
- Paid Training
- Bonus Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonuses
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with Executive Director and other department heads to create a positive, hospitality-oriented atmosphere for all associates and residents.
- Gives exceptional customer service to residents and visitors, from providing a pleasant greeting to maintaining professionalism and composure in more challenging situations.
- Responsible for coding, auditing, and submitting invoices for payment accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enters, processes, reviews and distributes resident bills accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide month-end financial statement variance explanations and other analytical reports as needed.
- Responsible for the payroll function for the community.
- Assist Executive Director with capex management and overall budget adherence.
- Oversee the community hiring, onboarding, and personnel files at the community.
- Works with Executive Director to effectively train, coach, reward and discipline all subordinates in a timely manner.
- Understands and follows all emergency and safety practices and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Executive Director, associates, residents, families and third-party vendors.
- Oversee the community Concierge department, including reviewing schedule, hours and performance of associates.
- In the absence of the community Executive Director, will function as Director in charge of the community.
- Recognizes and fosters a sales-oriented culture by participating in and contributing toward the sales and marketing efforts of the community, including assisting at events when needed.
- Completes all departmental-related reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attends and actively contributes relevant departmental information at daily Stand-Up Meeting.
- Attends and actively participates in company-hosted webinars, on-site meetings, regional meetings and national meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in the Manager-on-Duty program, including covering weekends on a rotating basis, as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or above preferred
- Must possess successful, progressive experience in bookkeeping/accounting and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits systems as well as knowledge of accounting systems (accounts payable/accounts receivable /GL)
- Communicates effectively with Executive Director, staff, residents, prospects and vendors
- Exhibits excellent customer service to residents, families and prospects and
- promotes the community in a positive manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as familiarity with Internet and its search tools
The Executive Director works in a professional office environment. The Executive Director routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The Executive Director also works within the Senior Living Community, where there may be possible exposure to communicable diseases and infection, potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents, exposure to latex, possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens, possible exposure to various chemical, infectious, or biological hazards, and possible exposure to pets. Occasional weekend, holidays, evening or night work may be necessary to maintain critical business operations
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or other protected status, as established by Federal or State laws.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
We are a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.
True Connection Communities - Verena at the Glen
AddressGlen Allen, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?