1) Job Title: Armed Security Officer. As an armed security officer for True Blue Protection, you will be working with a security supervisor and a team which is responsible for ensuring the safety of employees, facilities and property.
Employee Status: Part time and full time available. 24 hour coverage needed, all shifts are available. Days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: Retail location (cannabis dispensary and distribution center) in Downtown Los Angeles, CA.
Compensation: $21.50 an hour. Opportunities for advancement and higher compensation for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Act as a liaison within the community and policing forces to maintain awareness of current security issues.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of all security equipment, i.e. radios, cameras, electronic lock systems and report any safety, security and/or fire hazards or violations.
- Actively participate in the design and execution of the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Ensure all incidents are documented as required by internal guidelines .
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
- California exposed firearm permit required.
- California guard card required.
- High school diploma / GED required.
- Valid CA drivers license.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
- Must pass background check
- Law enforcement and/or military experience highly preferred.
- Previous Security experience in a similar role preferred.
- Certification in CPR First Aid preferred.
- Must possess a professional presentation.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.