UnderCover, a Truck Hero company, is currently seeking a high performing, results-focused Cost Accountant to support a broad range of accounting activities at our rapidly growing operation in Springfield, Missouri.
From our beginnings at Undercover, our goal has been to develop a company that sets the standard in truck bed covers for high quality, value, and superior customer service. Our products include a great line-up of hard folding and one piece Undercover brand covers, as well as the more recent addition of market leading BakFlip and Bak Revolver roll-up covers.
This position is a key part of the UnderCover accounting team and will be responsible for providing cost accounting and analysis work support, under the direction of the Assistant Controller.
- Ensures the inventory on the balance sheet is properly valued at each closing period
- Track slow moving and obsolete inventory and drive toward an end-game strategy for this inventory
- Drive for labor and overhead standards and implementation of labor and overhead costing.
- Take ownership of warranty and product return accruals
- Take ownership of labor and OH capitalization entries monthly
- Identify and drive improvements to reduce costs via participation on CI teams and data analysis
- Audit Bill a sample of BOM's monthly to ensure BOM's are properly relieving inventory
- Analyze work order variances to monitor productivity and ensure correct data input
- Track offsite inventory and ensure material issues/receipts from offsite locations are properly transacted
- Other duties as required