CDL A Owner Operator Truck Driver
Truck Dispatch Desk Elk, WA
- Posted: November 20, 2020
Call Lori Farmer at 270-780-3710 or email Lori@truckdispatchdesk.com for more information.
We are looking for a hard-working and experienced Owner Operator to perform deliveries in a timely manner across the USA. The Owner Operators responsibilities include reviewing trip orders to plan rest and fuel stops accordingly, scheduling vehicle repairs and maintenance outside regular working hours, and carrying records of the cargo being transported. You should also be able to maintain communication with dispatch to report any delays due to traffic congestion or vehicle breakdown.
To be successful as an Owner Operator, you should be able to concentrate for extended periods and adhere to road safety regulations at all times. Ultimately, an outstanding Owner Operator should practice safe driving habits as well as demonstrate excellent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills. You should have a clean driving history and background.
Owner Operator Responsibilities:
- Transporting cargo to and from specified locations as instructed by company dispatchers.
- Strategically planning travel routes to ensure that all deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Reviewing dispatchers' instructions before deliveries to prevent any errors or miscommunications.
- Performing inspections of the designated truck before and after each delivery to ensure that it is mechanically sound.
- Promptly informing management of any mechanical issues that render the designated truck unroadworthy.
- Maintaining a logbook with an accurate account of the number of hours worked, rest periods, and mileage covered.
- Submitting cargo documents to customers and obtaining customer signatures to confirm receipt of the correct cargo.
- Notifying dispatch of any damaged cargo.
- Supervising the safe loading and unloading of cargo.
Owner Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid commercial driver's license (CDL).
- A clean driving record.
- 2 Years Proven truck driving experience.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations, loading and unloading procedures, as well as weight restrictions.
- The ability to utilize GPS systems, road maps, and routing software.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Run under our Authority but run your truck your way.
- Earn 80% on every load you run.
- No forced dispatch.
- Choose your own home-time and preferred lanes.
- Weekly settlement by direct deposit
- $250 weekly insurance for Cargo with $1 million in coverage.
- Worker's Compensation Insurance.
- Deal with only one dispatcher.