Parts Inventory Control Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
About Truck Centers, Inc.
For over 50 years, three generations have led Truck Centers, Inc. from a single store dealership into our current network of ten, full-service dealerships and two auxiliary locations proudly representing Freightliner and Western Star trucks in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri. Our team has remained dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service in an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and a communal spirit of giving back. To learn more about us, visit truckcentersinc.com.
The Parts Inventory Control Specialist, in conjunction with the Warehouse lead, is responsible for all aspects of inventory control, maintenance, and organization, including reconciling orders, billing, inbounds, cycle counts, returns, and other tasks as assigned in accordance with company policies. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, organized in their work, and able to thrive while working independently and leading others in a high-volume parts warehouse.
- Carefully review and verify parts postings for accuracy and coach warehouse personnel on proper corrective action.
- Routinely conduct regular cycle counts and make necessary corrections to inventory to ensure that internal and external customers have access to parts without delay.
- Assist warehouse personnel by correctly identifying inaccurate or damaged parts and complete PARs according to vendor process for returns and credits.
- Document, print, and pull excess parts to return to individual vendors to maintain good stock health.
- Remain current on core acceptance criteria, documentation needs, and returns processing for all vendors.
- Submit daily and critical parts orders for both customers and stocked inventory with a high level of accuracy.
- Efficiently and accurately create, process, and pull transfers for customer orders and interbranch transfer to other TCI locations.
- Thoroughly document, file, and process warranty parts with keen attention to detail for returns to vendors and OEMs according to specific warranty processes.
- Organize, process, and document cores to be transferred to other TCI branches or vendors.
- Safely and responsibly utilize equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and dollies in accordance with applicable laws, environmental and safety regulations, and company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in the work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience and dependability
- Ability to work efficiently and maintain physical and emotional stamina to safely manage a fast-paced work environment with changing workloads and priorities
- Resourceful, collaborative team player with the ability to also self-manage time and thrive independently
- Strong numerical aptitude, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency utilizing computer inventory systems and MS Office
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We believe in the Hire to Retire philosophy and invest in individuals that we believe will be valuable assets to TCI and our customers for years to come. Thus, we want to help you live well through personal and professional growth plus a multitude of benefits. In additional to multiple comprehensive healthcare packages including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, we offer a flexible spending accounts for healthcare costs or dependent care, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health and wellness incentive programs, training and career development opportunities, alternative work arrangements, volunteer time off, tiered PTO system, service awards, competitive salary, uniforms, technician tool insurance, and a family-first, team environment.
Truck Centers, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Truck Centers, Inc.