Diesel Mechanic - 2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
For over 50 years, three generations have led Truck Centers, Inc. from a single store dealership into our current network of ten, full-service dealerships and two auxiliary locations proudly representing Freightliner and Western Star trucks in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri. Our team has remained dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service in an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and a communal spirit of giving back. To learn more about us, visit truckcentersinc.com.Job Description
Truck Centers, Inc. is continually growing, and that means we have an ongoing need for Service Technicians and Certified Diesel Mechanics of varying experience to join our team. As a Diesel Mechanic, you are a vital part of our Service department and essential to getting our customers back on the road. An experienced candidate can diagnose and repair all aspects of a vehicle, possess additional certifications or specializations in particular types of repair, and can mentor other technicians. This role requires exceptional mechanical aptitude, the ability to follow documented processes, and steady performance in a deadline-driven environment. We offer a comfortable work environment, a comprehensive benefits package with competitive wages, alternative scheduling options, internal transfers, and promotion opportunities.
Still unsure? We also provide OEM and vendor certification training at no cost through our state-of-the-art Training Center at our Troy campus to maintain your certifications and obtain new ones to grow your career and earning potential. Our technicians also receive tool insurance at no cost, company-supplied specialty tooling, and free uniforms. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career within our established, family-owned company.
This position will work 2nd shift - Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12am
- Perform consistent, high-quality work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy according to OEM, warranty, and dealership standards.
- Ability to read repair orders, observe and listen to vehicle operation, obtain diagnostics information, identify root cause malfunctions, plan work procedures, and perform necessary repairs on a vehicle as authorized.
- Perform general and major repair of all truck systems including, engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, HVAC, electronics, and more.
- Conduct repairs and install required parts and components according to certification credentials.
- Understanding of cause and correction documentation in Dealer Management System plus ability to write thorough, organized documentation of diagnostic findings, repair status, and work performed using Service Notes to aid customer communication and warranty processing.
- Communicate with Parts department to obtain and verify necessary parts as well as Shop Foreman and Service Administration team regarding status updates or requests.
- Determine warranty claim status and complete necessary steps, documentation, and supplemental information to ensure warranty recovery.
- Properly tag, save, and turn in parts requested by the customer or under warranty repair.
- Perform quality checks of all work performed.
- Road test vehicles to ensure the repairs performed have resolved the customer's complaint(s).
- Follow Elite Support and 5S processes to maintain a safe and clean work environment by respecting and returning shared company tools and equipment to the proper place, removing hazards and obstructions in your workspace, continually maintaining a clean bay area, and following protocols to keep customer vehicles clean.
- Comply with all safety rules to avoid injuries to oneself and others; report unsafe conditions to mitigate hazards.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations governing service repair work.
- Attend OEM- and vendor-sponsored training provided by Truck Centers, Inc. to remain current on factory technical bulletins, product updates, and/or certifications.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required. This job posting does not state or imply that the responsibilities mentioned are comprehensive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in the work environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License with ability to meet insurance requirements is required
- Class B CDL with air brake endorsement preferred; Class A CDL highly preferred
- Certificate from a diesel tech training school or a minimum of 4 years mechanical medium- or heavy-duty truck service experience in a shop setting or military installation
- Accelerated program options for individuals with 5+ years of demonstrated heavy-duty experience in a truck dealership, independent shop setting, and/or applicable OEM certifications
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and commitment to providing quality work
- Knowledge of dealer computer operations and software; Procede software experience is a plus
- Resourceful, collaborative team player with the ability to also thrive independently
- Welding and fabrication skills are a plus
- Familiarity with Elite Support or other lean management principles preferred
- Appropriate manufacturer training or the ability to obtain necessary qualifications
- Candidates must have their own tools; TCI provides specialty and OEM-required tooling for on-site, communal use
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. unassisted
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We believe in the Hire to Retire philosophy and invest in individuals that we believe will be valuable assets to TCI and our customers for years to come. Thus, we want to help you live well through personal and professional growth plus a multitude of benefits. In additional to multiple comprehensive healthcare packages including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, we offer a flexible spending accounts for healthcare costs or dependent care, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health and wellness incentive programs, training and career development opportunities, alternative work arrangements, volunteer time off, tiered PTO system, service awards, competitive salary, uniforms, technician tool insurance, and a family-first, team environment.
Truck Centers, Inc.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Truck Centers, Inc.