For more than 30 years, CentraSep Technologies has specialized in environmental products and fluid filtration processes, solving problems through application engineering that answer customers' challenges with innovative solutions and techniques. The CentraSep design is the gold standard for liquid/solid separating centrifuges.
To build upon a track record of growth and success, we are seeking a Controls Engineer out of Noblesville, IN. The Controls Engineer is responsible for programming, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of mechanical-electrical equipment such as PLC's, VFD's, and other electrical devices. These systems will be used to operate industrial centrifuge systems for liquid-solid separation and for fluid management and filtration with the intent of reducing and recycling waste in a variety of industries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programming, creating, reading, and editing logic diagrams, wiring diagrams, single lines, and P&IDs.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Allen-Bradley hardware to control a variety of processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Allen-Bradley software to build and maintain PLC programs and HMI applications.
- Understand, edit, and modify prints.
- Build panels and learn, or improve, with mentorship, panel design skills
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot equipment problems in systems. Quickly and correctly accomplish equipment repairs of electrical equipment including the testing and refurbishing of electrical hardware.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to perform some mechanical maintenance and repair
- Assist with on-site start-up which includes troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Support field technicians and equipment operators to solve equipment issues.
- Manage inspection of existing electrical and controls equipment.
- Assist shop assembly with installation of control panels and control devices in equipment.
- With Department Manager, develop and maintain CentraSep programming standards and library, including strict revision control.
- Proactively coordinate with project managers, engineers, field technicians, clients, and vendors/partners.
- Support technicians and customers as required, including after-hours emergency remote support.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress.
- Comply with all aspects of the Trucent safety program, including but not limited to: hazard communication, PPE requirements, and scheduled safety training.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in a related area of study is preferred
- Relevant technical certifications
- 4 or more years of experience programming controls technologies using Allen Bradley PLC's, and HMI's in combination with ControlLogix and Allen Bradley drivers.
- 4 or more years of experience in electrical wiring for 24V to 480V control volts.
- 4 or more years of process plant experience to include diagnostic/troubleshooting.
- 2 or more years working experience Microsoft Office.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to program in multiple languages, including ladder logic.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams, control narratives, P&ID drawings, and installation instructions.
- Ability to build panels.
- Strong technical and analytical proficiency with the ability to multi-task effectively and thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in oral or written form and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Perform reading, writing and speaking at an intermediate level.
- Ability to perform at level of quality required to prevent losses in cost, service, production and/or damage to equipment.
- General knowledge of the skill trades including, mechanical, plumbing and electrical troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel 50% both US domestic and international
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software and Work Aids
- Digital multimeter, hand tools, and mechanics tools.
- See above for specific software and hardware requirements.
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record per company Vehicle Policy
Trucent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.