- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: Yoga Instructor
Property: TruFusion West Hollywood
Department: Yoga Department
Status: Non-Exempt (hourly/class rate)
Reports To: Director of Yoga
TruFusion is a multi-discipline fitness and yoga studio with five studios under one roof. Our classes are taught by the best fitness professionals in the industry. We offer a variety of Yoga disciplines and Group Fitness classes that are heated and non-heated. Our list of yoga disciplines includes Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Bikram, Yin, Hatha, Yoga Sculpt, Meditation, Soundbath, and many more. Our classes are dynamic and innovative. We provide TruFusion modality training and ongoing education to learn new styles and advance your career. We hire the best, keep the best, and deliver a group fitness experience like no other studio.
TruFusion Instructors are high-energy, team players that create an exciting and positive environment to deliver the best group yoga and fitness classes in the market. Instructors teach exclusive TruFusion branded classes they will learn during onboarding and ongoing training. We want our Instructors to embrace our culture, emphasize our authenticity, and exude a sense of community. Through group classes, TruFusion Instructors educate, improve wellbeing, and provide the transformational platforms our members need to reach their personal goals and live the healthy fit lifestyle of the Tru Community. This position must always represent the face and image of TruFusion while working.
- Yoga Instructors will lead and teach group classes.
- Will motivate and inspire students while ensuring safety.
- This position must have strong interpersonal skills with a friendly approachable personality that cultivates supportive relationships and a strong connection to the members and the Community.
- Will demonstrate an extrovert approach, the kind of person who enters the studio like a rockstar walking on stage and knows “it’s showtime.”
- Must continuously strive to make each class the highlight of their student’s day.
- Can sense and react to the ebb and flow of a class so a member receives the best experience during each class.
- Conscious of your edge and never stops honing it.
- Not afraid to step out of their comfort zone, experiment, and grow as a person as well as a teacher.
- Assist students by guiding them through our programs and answering their questions.
- Availability to teach and sub classes weekly.
- Arrive to class 15 minutes early to help set up the room, greet students, and answer questions.
- Stay 15 minutes after class to ensure the studio is left clean, equipment is stored, student questions are answered, and encouraging feedback is provided.
- Create individual music playlists customized for class.
- Participate in outdoor and community event programming.
- Dependable, accountable, and responsible with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Passion for teaching and the TruFusion brand.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Follow Standards of Excellence.
- Practice good communication skills and follow directions.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Welcome, all visitors per our customer service standards.
- Be knowledgeable about studio offerings, online offerings, competitive programs, workshops, community events, and pricing to promote the TruFusion brand.
- Follow all studio safety requirements, best practices, and abide by the Yoga & Fitness Instructor Manual.
- Help keep the facility clean and organized.
- Promote the brand as a community brand ambassador, to include promotion of memberships, events, trainings, workshops, and retail sales.
- Report any issues to management.
- Complete any additional tasks required to help the company meet its goals.
- Follow up and complete all checklists.
- Proven ability to learn, retain, teach branded classes with high-level consistency.
- Highly energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated team player.
- Demonstrate both physically and verbally all exercises and movements used in class.
- Guide students through exercises and postures safely and efficiently.
- Perform physical requirements in a heated and humid room for the duration of each class.
- Adapt classes to fit the needs of students, modifications, and alignment.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in yoga, fitness, and/or health industry.
- Yoga Alliance, Fitness, Pilates, Personal Training Certifications
- Current first aid/CPR certification
- Be able to complete the TruFusion Instructor onboarding curriculum.
- Possess superior customer service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor, the ability to multitask while remaining calm to deliver exceptional results in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate positive interactive skills, sound judgment, logical decision making, and manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Able to move, setup/breakdown, transport objects such as furniture, tables, chairs, equipment, product, supplies, etc.
- Capable to climb, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, grasp, walk, sit, and stand for the duration of shift. Require manual dexterity to operate job-related equipment.
- Work area may be unusually hot, humid, noisy. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. access. Tasks are performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area.
- Flexible availability to teach and sub classes for various shifts: morning, afternoon, evening, weekday, weekends.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
TruFusion provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
AddressWest Hollywood, CA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at TruFusion
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?