Impact Investment Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TruFund Financial Services, Inc.
Open Position: Impact Investment Officer – New York, NY
TruFund was established in 2005 as a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. As a nonprofit, mission-driven entity, TruFund offers affordable loan capital to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are financially viable but have difficulty accessing capital from banks or other conventional lenders. TruFund offers more than a loan – we provide an opportunity for underserved small businesses and low-income communities to thrive.
TruFund is a Community Development Financial Institution “CDFI”. TruCapital is the structured equity investment arm of TruFund. TruCapital seeks to promote equity capitalization and access for minority and underserved communities. One way in which TruCapital is addressing racial inequality is by providing access to affordable equity capital to MWBE developers through initiatives such as the Impact Developers Fund (IDF), a $26 million partnership with Morgan Stanley and the Ford Foundation. IDF identifies, evaluates and invest in promising MWBE’s nationally with a focus on affordable and mixed-income housing.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Managing Director of Structured Lending and Investments, the Impact Investment Officer will be responsible for the evaluation and analysis of equity investment opportunities for TruCapital. Additionally, under the direction of the MD, the role will support IDF’s investor relations activities the development and creation of new program joint ventures, fund capitalization efforts and future client equity investment opportunities. Specifically, we are seeking a credit trained impact investment professional to help screen, execute, and monitor both fund and direct private investments. The Impact Investment Officer will provide portfolio assessment reviews, research, analysis and compliance support to the social impact investment organization.
Primary Job Functions:
- Underwrite credit and/or equity investment memos for executive leadership, credit review and approval
- Manage relationships with investees and/or borrowers
- Analyze potential equity investment opportunities for TruCapital and external partners including fund and project level forecasting
- With oversight, develop and apply applicable underwriting criteria for investment recipients and borrowers based on investor PRI and/or CRA requirements
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting on fund and investees’ and/or borrowers’ performance to internal and external partners
- Represent TruCapital in partnership meetings with external funders and stakeholders which may include presenting formal pitches
- Advise TruFund on transaction strategy including due-diligence, deal structuring, managing process to deadlines and all applicable reporting and/or reconciling requirements
- Support the establishment of the required financial management and reporting infrastructure
- Monitor and measure the social and financial impacts of the Fund’s impact investment portfolio, as well as disseminate results and learnings to executive leadership while recommending action plans
- Research national economic, equity, industry and impact outcomes to ensure best in class approaches to existing and potential funds ensuring a competitive product that adds value to our investees and/or borrowers and investors
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Formally credit trained or proven ability to underwrite and manage debt or equity structures is required
- Minimum of 3 years in commercial banking, equity investment, commercial real estate, corporate banking, community development or social impact investing including the CDFI sector
- Familiarity with residential and affordable housing structures including LIHTC and NMTC structures
- Proven track record in community economic development lending or finance along with strong relationship building skills is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Public Administration, Management, Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Capacity to work independently and motivation to achieve goals with minimal supervision is required
- Commitment to and experience in impact equity, real estate and or social impact investing
Salary Range: $90,000-120,000
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. The position will be subject to adhoc request as needed.
TruFund Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
TruFund Financial Services, Inc. (“TruFund”) is a 501(c)(3) Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Treasury Department’s CDFI Fund. With Headquarters in New York City and field offices in Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, and Texas, our mission is to help historically disadvantaged individuals and communities create thriving and resilient small businesses and entrepreneurial ecosystems in order to close racial and economic disparities and ensure an inclusive and equitable society. To this end, we offer access to affordable and responsible loan capital and business advisory services to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are financially viable but have difficulty accessing affordable capital from banks or other conventional lenders. Since 2005, we have disbursed $232M in financing through 3,512 loans, which has contributed to the creation and retention of over 18K jobs. Of these loans, over 76% have been to minority and / or women owned businesses and 51% to businesses in low-moderate-income (LMI) communities.
TruFund Financial Services, Inc.
39 West 37th StreetNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Investment Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.