Trocaire College Buffalo, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Proactive management of access services and participation in instruction, research support, faculty outreach, and other public service functions. Access services include circulation, course reserves, interlibrary loan, patron accounts, collection security, archiving, stacks management, and statistics assessment.
- Master's Degree in Library Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Knowledge of research and internet searching skills
- Excellent customer service / written & oral communication skills
Job Specific Competencies:
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Collection development principles
- Ability to teach an information literacy course if called upon as an adjunct faculty member
- Ability to teach Library Research Instruction (LRI) sessions
- Provide circulation and borrower services as needed
- Perform other clerical tasks, with inclusion of processing new material
- Advanced skills with using a Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, and other academic software programs
- Ability to use and explain the function and operation of catalogs, guides, scholarly/research databases, and other library materials to students and other library users
- Troubleshoot and manage equipment problems
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as Subject Librarian to several academic disciplines, which includes but is not limited to, preparing guides (digital and print), providing research assistance, and consulting with program directors and faculty
- Provide Reference and Circulation Services on a daily basis
- Maintain very good organizational and time-management skills
- Collaborate and communicate with diverse students, faculty and staff
- Perform circulation management (including statistical analysis) & borrower services
- Work in an academic library setting & using a wide variety of databases
- Work with the Alexandria Integrated Library System
- Perform specialized library function such as cataloging, information literacy, electronic resources, and archiving
- Teach library research instruction sessions (LRI)
- Perform advanced database searching techniques.
Position Specifications and Working Conditions:
- Primarily sedentary work, but also requires standing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, hearing and talking.
- Capable of exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Able to work in an open and heavily trafficked setting while maintaining focus on particular tasks.
- Ability to effectively use a computer.
- Must be able to work occasional Saturdays and evenings
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GovernmentView all jobs at Trocaire College