Triumph Sheets, a subsidiary of Schwarz Partners and corrugated manufacturing industry leader currently has an exciting opportunity available for a 3rd Shift Corrugator Supervisor in Cleveland, TN. As a the Corrugator Supervisor, you will supervise, manage, and coordinate the safe production of quality products with minimum waste in a clean environment by directing, scheduling, organizing and monitoring employees and workflow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION
Follow all safety and company policies, reporting any issues, accidents or incidents immediately; must complete online safety training each month as assigned; complete monthly behavior and audit cards
Must know all grades of paper, the applications of each, and all aspects of production of corrugated sheets
Manage, coordinate and achieve manufacturing staff results and improvement by setting and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; identifying and implementing employee growth opportunities; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing employee systems, policies, and procedures.
Direct and maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the production process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
Complete production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
Maintain and contribute to quality products and customer service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Ensure proper and efficient operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment, and analyzing techniques.
Facilitate daily meetings with crew to review quality, performance, and safety topics
Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; recommending and implementing changes.
Create and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Review, and approve employee timecards.
Regular and predictable attendance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- 10 years’ manufacturing experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- College Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ Corrugator experience
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.)
· Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
· Responsibilities also include managing processes; making process improvements; production planning;
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; ability to accurately read a tape measure
· Ability to use a computer
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English; able to understand and speak English one-on-one and via hand-held radio